Chapter 1

Her Life

The bell at the glass door rang, signifies that there's a new customer coming into the cafe. I looked up and saw an old couple holding their hands together as they walked to the counter where I stood up to greet them and take their orders.

"Hi, good morning." I greeted enthusiastically.

As a counter staff, it's my job to greet the customers positively and give them the best service they never have experienced. Even it made me a fake human, I still do it for the money of course.

I'm a woman with so many problems. I'm a woman with so many burden on my shoulder. I'm a problematic woman to be honest.

"Good morning too , hija." The older woman said with a smile as the older man looked at her lovingly as he chuckled.

You can really see their love for each other even though they are already old.

Sana lahat tulad nila na hanggang sa pagtanda ay mahal na mahal pa rin ang isa't isa. Na makikita mong wala Silang regrets sa buhay na meron sila.

"What's your order po, ma'am?" Tanong ko sa matandang babae.

She looked at her husband and asked. "Kape ang gusto mo?"

"No, tea nalang ang akin. Ang sayo?" The old man replied.

"Tea nalang din. " The woman replied giggling.

They ordered tea and cookies with less sugar and I told them to wait while I prepare their order. It's just 10 in the morning yet the cafe is already full of customers.

Paradise Cafe is the cafe where I'm working at. The ambiance of the cafe can make the customers have their own space while they are here. The business is peaceful with the slow music at the background. Since I've known this cafe, I really like the vibes its giving me here.

After I gave the old couple their orders, I cleaned the counter and waited for another customer. Nakakapagod ang trabaho ko dito pero worth it naman sa sweldo.

Around 1 ay dumating ang may-ari ng cafe. She would exchange me here because I have a class and I needed to eat my lunch. And she's late.

"Go." Ani nito nang pumasok sa counter.

"You're late. And I'm late for my class." I hissed at her.

Tinaasan nya lang ako ng kilay at sinabing."Kaya nga nandito na ako, diba? Alis na!"

"What did you do and you're late?" Tinaasan ko rin sya ng kilay.

"Naglinis ng bahay, happy?" Sarcastic nyang sagot.

"Fuck you." I took off my apron and handed it to her, hardly.

Kinuha ko ang bag ko at dale-daleng lumabas ng cafe dahil late na talaga ako. I drove my motorcycle fast because the university I'm studying is 30 minutes away and I'm already 10 minutes late.

Thank goodness, the professor was late when I got there. Architecture is a hard course but I choose to study it dahil gusto din nong babaeng 'yon. Dagdag kabobohan lang ang ambag sa akin.

"May I remind you, class. The deadline of your project is tomorrow. Pass it or fail it. Simple." The professor said and left the room.

Ganun na ba kadale ang lahat sa kanila? Eh one week lang ang binigay niyang oras para gawin ang project na yon. Ang hirap kaya non. Yong babaeng yon talaga ang dapat sisihin eh.

Paglabas ko ng room ay mas lalong nasira ang mukha ko dahil sa taong mga nakaabang sa labas.

"What do you want?" Inis kong tanong sa kanila.

"Hangout tayo, Mad." Yaya ni Keith sa akin.

"No." Simpleng sagot ko at naglakad na.

Ang mga gago sumunod sa akin.

"Sige na, Mad. Minsan lang kaya to."Pangungumbinsi pa ni Lyle, best friend nitong isang gunggong na si Keith.

"I said no. I still have an unfinished project that needed to be past tomorrow, okay? So hangout with yourselves and don't bother me!" Inis kong sabi at padabog na naglakad palayo sa kanila.

Thank God and they didn't follow me. Hindi maganda ang araw ko at pupunan pa nila ng mga kalokohan nila na kahit kailan ay hindi ko nagustuhan.

They are womanizers and man whores and those are the traits of the men I really despite but those men never left my side. They never let me feel that I am nothing. I felt so special with them. Kaso lang, kailangan ko talagang tapusin ang project na ipapasa bukas. For sure kasi yong dalawang yon ay tapos na.

"Ingat sa byahe, Mad!" Rinig kong sigaw nilang dalawa sa akin.

I stopped walking and faced them. They gave their full genuine smile to me and I nodded at them.

Keith Jenson Black and Lyle Lovett Fernandez. Those two. They maybe assholes but they treat me like a princess.

Pagdating ko sa cafe ay may mga customers pa. I saw her on the counter, cleaning it.

"Were you really late when you got in university?" That's the first thing she asked when she felt my presence.

I put down my bag and wear an apron and helped her clean up.

"The professor was later than me, so I wasn't really late." I replied and she stopped to looked at me.

Tumigil din ako at tumingin sa kanya. The woman in front me doesn't have any similarities of appearance to me. We were total opposite of each other.

She has blond hair while I have black, her eyes are the palest shade of blue while I have the most rarest eyes in the world, a violet and silver eyes. Yes, I am a heterochromia. I am taller than her, she barely reached the height of 5'3" while I am 5'11" and half. Our skins are different too, she's pale and I am tan. But I won't deny the fact that this woman in front of me is my own biological mother.

Cassiopeia Snow Alvarez

"Sorry."

Isang kataga lang yon pero shocked akong napatingin sa kanya. Minsan lang kasi magsorry ang babaeng to. Nabibilang ko lang sa daliri ko ang mga panahon na nagsorry ang babaeng to.

She may have a soft features and I have rough but she's more demonic than me.

"It already happened." I muttered and rolled my eyes.

"Maldita talaga nitong batang to!" Singhal nya sa akon at pasekretong kinurot ako sa beywang.

"So saan ba ako nagmana? Diba sayo rin naman?" Tinalikuran ko sya at nagpatuloy sa paglilinis na.

"Nagsorry na nga diba? Wala ka talagang puso." Rinig ko pang bulong nito sa sarili.

Napailing nalang ako sa kanya. Ganito ang relasyon naming mag-ina. Laging nag-aaway pero I know to myself na mahal na mahal ko ang malditang yon.

"Kung hindi lang talaga kita anak ay noon paman nilagay na kita sa basurahan."

And it made me smile, I'm thankful you didn't, mother.

-HaliaJian