𝟬𝟰 Declaration Of War

The remainder of the time left passed by quickly. I focused on the long mirror in front of me as I tweaked my large, flattened sunhat, slanting it slightly to the side. I didn't really look like myself, but, I guess that was the whole point of a disguise. 

Everyone had arrived a few hours back. The scouts divided themselves into groups and set off to discreetly mark their various starting positions - where they'd jump out a window and attack the military guards. I wasn't with them. Instead, I was assigned the boring part. My task was simple; I had to pretend to be a diplomat in the audience. Before the attack began, I had to get rid of two Titan shifters or 'honorary Marleyans' to avoid causing Eren and our comrades further trouble. Of course, I planned to come back as fast as possible and help Eren if things got difficult for him.

"Well done. You look.. almost.. presentable." Levi's scheming voice broke the silence. It may not have sounded so, but that was actually the more friendly side of Captain Levi coming out.

"That's nice of you." I responded sarcastically, smoothing out the fawn trousers and frilly, rose coloured top. I hadn't really seen myself, properly, in a while. I actually felt quite beautiful. My hair was nice and flowy, my bandages were off, and I even had the liberty of trying on a bit of 'makeup' to further push the idea that I was a posh, aristocratic lady. No one told me I had to practice my etiquette and mannerisms, but I did anyway, just for fun, but also to avoid my underlying fear of being exposed as an island devil in the vast crowd of strangers. There's no way for them to know. I've been living amongst them for so long, and no one has suspected a thing, I reminded myself.

 I almost jumped when I saw Hange pop out from behind Levi in the mirror's reflection.

"Oh, what a spectacular dress! On an even prettier lady!" Her voice trembled with excitement, just like when she talked about her Titan experiments. Her rectangular goggles shone, glowing aggressively.

"Hange." I smiled warmly, accepting her embrace. She resembled a parental figure to me, and I truly did appreciate her, even if she was a little over the top sometimes. Her maroon red hair was tied back in a short, spiky ponytail as usual, her bangs framing her oval face. 

As I looked over Hange's shoulder, I swore I saw Levi suppress a smile and straighten his lips, crossing his arms. 

"Can we save all this soppiness for later?" It was a question, but sounded more like a command.

I parted ways with the two after hearing a recap of the instructions once more.

Divert two Titan shifters, help protect Eren, follow the escape route and meet with the rest of the scouts on a specific red rooftop, 200 meters away from the heart of the war zone.

The evening air buzzed with curiosity and chatter as the seats outside were filled with people from different nations. I scanned the crowd, looking for a certain pair of people who fit the description I was given. They were my primary targets, and I had to get rid of them before Eren decided to strike.

It took me a couple of minutes, but alas, I found them. The woman with the roman nose had coarse and long hair. Sapphire black, it was an elegant colour. 

That must be Pieck Finger. 

Beside her sat a man, also around the same age. His blonde hair was slicked back and he had a nice face, well built. Porco Galliard, was it?

I approached them carefully from behind, plastering a worried expression on my face. Reiner wasn't anywhere nearby - he must have been taken already. I was on time.

"Excuse me!" I panted, slouching slightly. They both looked at me with befuddled faces, waiting for me to spit it out. "You're Pieck and Porco, right? Your friend.. I think he said his name was Rain? Reiner? He's in trouble!" I grimaced, dragging a hand down my face in despair. "He- he was attacked by some spies from the island and asked me to come here and find you!"