19. Ataraxia.

Time flowed in a blur of romance and responsibilities, but their connection remained a steadfast querencia. And as they stood together on the precipice of another year, they knew that their love would endure for all eternity, a timeless bond that transcended the boundaries of time and space.

Accalia watched from the cliff as her Lycan lay sprawled on the ground, surrounded by exuberant pups. With playful abandon, he rolled onto his back, inviting the tiny creatures to pounce and nip at his fur. Joyous yips and barks filled the air as the tiny bundles of energy tumbled around him, their tails wagging furiously.

When he rose, they spilled over the ground, caught off guard. Their annoyed growls stopped when he licked their bodies and nibbled on their little bellies, further disturbing their equilibrium.

Her heart swelled at the ludic sight, and she chuckled. At the sound of her voice, a familiar melody that never failed to draw his attention, Alarick glanced up. His tongue lolled out in a canine grin and, with a sweep of his tail, he dismissed the pups, who quickly scampered off to join their parents. Then, in a blur of movement, he vanished into the surrounding undergrowth.

'Alarick,' she warned, though amusement leaked into her tone. 'Do not sneak up on me.'

Through their mind link, she could sense his response, a groan of mock frustration followed by the deliberate crunch of leaves under his feet announcing his presence. A smile tugged at her lips as she turned to face him.

His fur had grown longer, his gaze sharper, and his presence more commanding than ever before. He carried himself with the grace of a king, his aura radiating raw power. Accalia felt a surge of pride and love for the magnificent creature before her, her partner in all things.

Alarick watched his supernal Queen, poise and luminous. An aegean dress hugged her curves, its high collar concealing her mark from his intense gaze. Golden and argent lines flowed down its length, sprinkled with twinkling stars, as if sunlight and moonlight were woven into its very fabric.

Her silver hair cascaded like a waterfall of moonbeams, framing her face in a numinous halo, until it pooled around her feet. Her eyes held him spellbound, pools of cerulean that seemed to reflect the starlight above. A sapphire diamond rested across her forehead, bathing her in hues of blue and enchantment.

She exuded regality and detectability. Each movement she made seemed to stir the very essence of the night.

Alarick approached with a wolfish grin, hinting at mischief. He circled her before pressing his body against hers, his warm breath tickling her skin as he nipped and licked at her feet.

Accalia laughed, running her fingers through his fur. "Did you enjoy yourself?"

Shifting back into his human form, he towered over her. With a smirk, he leaned down to peck her nose, then each cheek, before moving to her eyelids, her forehead, and finally brushing her lips teasingly. "Immensely. Were you lonely without me?"

She pouted, her hands rubbing over her slightly protruding belly. "We were. We missed you."

His eyes softened, filled with unconditional affection for their unborn child. "My apologies, my darling," he cooed, his fingers tracing patterns over her abdomen. "Your father was just busy ensuring that these lands, which you shall one day rule, are safe and sound."

Accalia swatted at his shoulder lightly, mirth shaking her shoulders. "Do not scare her off, she is but a mere fetus."

Alarick pressed his cheek to her belly, his voice tender as he quickly apologized, promising to take care of everything forever and never burden her. Then, he paused, a surge of warmth spreading through his chest. "She?"