Chapter 18

Dating Jose is not as bad as I thought it would be. The guy can be serious when need be but once his flirtatious mood is on, well let's just say he is tolerable.

We got congratulations from those who are happy for us. News about our relationship circulated the entire pack and some were still shocked we're gay and some just went along with it.

Not that I care but I wonder how the Anthers took in the information. They've been trying to get in contact with Charles lately. Guess it's a change in strategy.

"Hey Hunter, want to run with me?" Charles asked.
I nodded and went with her.

We both shifted into our wolves and began to run.

' I like your wolf, it's huge and powerful. So different than what I used to think it'd look like.' She mind-linked me.
' What did you think it would look like.'
'A bit like mine but larger, I thought it would be black like the night. It would be beautiful, but this is much more beautiful.'

'I guess it is.'
'What was it like, your first shift? Were you already in the Crescent Moon pack?'
'It was painful, like every first shift if not more.  I felt like I was on fire. Jose helped me through it. It was a few days after I woke up in their pack.

' I'm sad I wasn't there, but it's fine. I trust Jose, he seemed genuine.' I didn't reply.
'He's not your mate.' She commented.
'He's not, he's a hundred times better than him.'
'When did you find him, if you don't mind me prying.'
'Before I left, four years ago. He rejected me.'

  She halts and turns to me. Her wolf is almost out of breath while mine feels like we were only warming up.

' He's from our pack isn't he?' I nod. She goes behind a tree and shifts, I do too.

"It's him isn't it, that ass hole! I'm going to fucking kill him. He said he knew nothing about you leaving while he knew it was his fault. How dare he reject you, his mate, and then act like a faithful prick waiting for you. What a manipulative bitch!" She fumes as she passes in front of me.

*Hahaha*
I couldn't help but laugh at how cute she was, reminded me of her 10-year-old protective small frame.

" You're laughing, you're..."She calms down and sighs with an awkward smile.
" It's the first time I've heard your laugh, I love it. Your voice is beautiful." I clear my throat.

" Thanks... You look cute when you're mad. You haven't changed at all." I comment earning a hug from her.

"I'll always be your big sis, nothing can change me. Not years apart nor manipulative Greenland pack members."

"Mgrh"
Someone cleared their throat behind us.
"Can I talk to you, Hunter?"
"You look horrible, can't say you don't deserve it!" Charles comment.
"I'm busy." I coldly reply.
"I know... I won't take much of your time. I... I really need to talk to you. Please?" His pathetic face makes me want to gag.
"Yho...things really can change, or should I say people? So unlike little perfect Derik Frank to be pitiful. Are you sure you're him?" Charles continues to torment him. He gives her a hard glare making me growl.

"She's not someone you can look at however you please, she deserves respect. Don't get any ideas."
Charles sticks her tongue out childishly making me smile.

"Old habits die hard Derik, why don't you go home around and leave my brother alone? You rejected him, remember?" Derik's eyes widened at the realization that everyone would know of his hypocritical ways.

"I'm trying to fix that, I made a mistake! I was immature and..."
I cut him off.
"I don't give a fuck, you rejected me, Derik Frank. It was your choice, no one forced you to. Let's go."  I took Charles's hand and left.