One

Primrose oftentimes said she didn't bear a last name. Her mother wasn't married to anyone when she was born, and no matter how much Governor Swann claimed she was like a daughter to her, she couldn't wear his last name with pride. He was grateful of course, Governor Swann granted her with everything she wanted, and more.

And Elizabeth, her half-sister was a little too young to understand her dilemma. They shared a great love for one another, and yet, Primrose found herself sometimes envying her sister. Although they both lost their mother, at least she had a real father, she had the real identity of a Swann.

When Swann was appointed Governor of Port Royal, it was evident that Primrose would travel with their family. And that's when she fell in love with James Norrington. The then-lieutenant, with his handsome features, great position, fierce hatred towards piracy, good heart, and not to mention, a great last name. She often fantasised about being Primrose Norrington.

But her affections turned out to be unrequited throughout the years.

A few years later, there she was, talking with Governor Swann about Norrington's intentions to marry Elizabeth.

"I'm sorry, Primrose. I know you care for the new Commodore. But if he doesn't see you the way you see him, and doesn't give you the affection you deserve, he's simply not the one meant for you" said Governor Swann, half of his heart swelling because his daughter was to marry a fine, good man, but the other half aching for the young woman he raised as his own.

"Thank you for telling me" sighed Primrose. "Governor..."

Swann looked at the girl, who he often forgot was more of a woman now. He asked her to call her father a long time ago, but once he knew she wasn't up for it, he never pushed it.

"What is it about me? Am I too old already? Am I not ladylike enough? What is it that makes men run from me the moment they get to know me?"

Governor Swann chuckled.

"Forgive me, child, I'm not laughing at you. I just think it's a little comical how you don't realise you are the only barrier to your happiness. Those men don't run because they don't like you. Some of them even loved you, I'm sure. You've had a few suitors these past few years." That much was true. Primrose was very popular with men, she just always seemed to repel them after a short period of courting. "But you close yourself off, you're not open for love. I think you're even scared of it. And you choose to be infatuated with Norrington instead, with the safety of knowing that match will never happen."

Primrose looked down, deep in her thoughts. Eventually, a shy smile appeared on her face, as she faced the Governor again.

"Maybe you're right. I am afraid."

Nevertheless, she kept her sour mood even as she met Will Turner in their hallways, who was delivering a newly forged sword to Governor Swann, made for Norrington. She'd met the boy a long time ago, when the Swanns were travelling to Port Royal the first time. They saved him.

"Miss Primrose!" he exclaimed, and happily strode up to her.

"Hello, Mr Turner" smiled Primrose. Ages ago, he asked Will to just call her Primrose. after listening to her reasoning about last names, Will agreed not to call her Swann. And yet, he was adamant on addressing her as "Miss".

"Is something bothering you?"

Primrose shook her head.

"No, I'm rather fine. Just slept a little uncomfortable."

"Is it nightmares keeping you up?"

Primrose shook her head again.

"It's rather my thoughts."