Four

They finally arrived on Isla de Muerta. It didn't take much of a language knowledge for Primrose to know it meant the Island of Death. And, fitting to the name, she saw hundreds of dead pirates in the passage.

"Mr Turner and I'll go to shore" said Jack, just as Primrose arrived on deck.

"Jack, I-"

"It's not up for discussion, I'm sure William here agrees."

"I do" nodded Will, and stepped coser to Primrose. "Since when do you call him Jack?"

"I don't want to call him Captain Sparrow, it only boosts his ego" shrugged Primrose.

"Sure" laughed Will. "Listen... I'll get Elizabeth. No matter what. Alright?"

"I expect noting less. Will?"

"Yeah?"

"Take care of yourself. You're one of my only friends."

"I know" smiled Will, and pulled the woman into a hug. Primrose wasn't taken aback, she wanted to hug him just as much, so she wrapped her arms around him.

"Get her, Will. Please."

"I will."

Then Primrose looked at Jack, who had a smirk on his face.

"Where's my farewell kiss?"

"Good luck, Jack" smiled Primrose, and then stepped closer to Jack. "And don't fuck us over" she said, lowly.

"I love when you talk dirty."

"Captain, what if the worst should happen?" asked Mr Gibbs.

"Keep to the Code" said Jack, after a second of hesitation.

Primrose rolled her eyes, and turned away, watching the two men set sail in a small boat to the island. This code that she kept hearing about was bugging her a lot. It came with far more complications than benefits.

"You feel for him, don't you?" asked Anamaria, standing next to Primrose. She looked at the pirate woman and smiled in amusement.

"We grew up together. I think of him as a little brother."

"Oh I didn't mean the boy" said Anamaria. Primrose grimaced, her amusement gone, and kept looking at the two figures sailing further away.

"Not loathing a pirate doesn't mean I feel for him" said Primrose, turning finally, and walking down, back to her room, praying to God those two could get Elizabeth back.

About half an hour later, she walked back on the deck, to check up on the others, and have some company. Alone, her mind was making up scenarios she hated. Her nightmares were haunting her even awake.

"Any news?" she asked of Mr Gibbs.

"I'm afraid not, Miss Primrose."

"I have a bad feeling."

"We all do, miss."

"How long does it usually take to rescue someone?"

"I wouldn't know" said Mr Gibbs. "We don't usually do it. We steal, and pillage, and rob, and bargain, but rescuing someone..."

"How did you end up a pirate?" asked Primrose.

"That is a long story, my dear... but the short version is, becoming lord and what not is a tiring ambition, especially when you realise the pretentious and corrupt people surrounding you in the Navy have a worse moral compass than pirates. Eventually I deserted the Navy. And since I was still an outstanding sailor, I decided to join the dark side of it. It's not all that bad, you know. One doesn't have to sell their soul to the devil to become a pirate."