01 - Grandpa...

Veláquez Mansion.
6:13pm
New York City, USA.

Wade was sited in his office as he swirled in his swivel chair left to right and lost in his thoughts.

With his fingers tapping the desk as he thought about someone.

" Lydia... you really thought you could scam me and get away with it. Well I'm not stupid. Pretending to die and snatch almost everything from me. You might have changed your so-called face, but my heart can tell your new form even if you were turned old. And I'll make you pay for cheating me." Wade said as he stared at the picture of Lydia.

He brought out a lighter as he burnt her picture throwing it in the trash basket. " Get prepared to die tomorrow." Wade said with a smirk as he stared at the lighter. He then stared at the bodyguards that stood.

" Get everyone ready. Tomorrow, L.A." Wade said. " I'm not coming. But you must bring Lydia to me no matter what." He said to the other muscular man that stood beside his bodyguards, Pete.

" Yes Boss." Pete said with a bow as he left.

Later that day.

Heaven's Grill Restaurant.
8:15pm
Los Angeles, USA.

The clacking of heels could be heard as Penelope made her way into the VIP area of the restaurant and approached a table by the window.

The VIP area was empty with only one lady. Well, it was only full when there was something popping.

" Here's your coffee." Penelope said with a smirk as she placed the cup of coffee on the table.

" Don't pretend like you don't see me Penny." The woman whom Penelope was serving said as Penelope sighed.

" I'm just an ordinary waitress, what can a waitress like me and a super designer freak like you share? Let me see... right, nothing. Have a nice day." Penelope said as she was about to leave but the woman said.

" Leave and I'll get you fired." The woman threatened as Penelope turned to her with a smile. " Oh thank you, I'm even sick of this job." Penelope said.

" Then you'll be jobless." The woman warned. " I'd rather be jobless than work with you." Penelope said as the woman chuckled.

" You've really got some nerve to speak to me like that." She said as Penelope sighs.

" What now? Angry?" Penelope asked as she pouted. " You look way prettier when you're mad at me." Penelope said clicking her tongue.

She sighs. " What is it Lydia? Short of words?" Penelope asked with a smirk as Lydia glared at her.

" I'll get back to work now, Milady." Penelope said as she pinched Lydia's cheek as she was about to leave.

" I want you to come to my company. To do a commercial." Lydia said.

" Go to hell with your commercials, last time I went there, I was almost destroyed on tv, I'm not risking it again." Penelope said.

" I already told you." Lydia said with a smile as she left. Penelope sighs.

" what's the need of ordering coffee if you won't drink it?" Penelope asked in a mutter as she rolled her eyes and left.

After closure, Penelope reached home as she went up the stairs and towards her Ill grandpa's bedroom.

" Grandpa." Penelope said with a smile. " Penelope, you're home.." Gerald said. He was sited on his bed but he stood up and approached Penelope.

" You are home right for dinner, let me go check how the oven is going." Gerald said. " Don't worry grandpa, I'll check." Penelope said.

" No Penelope, go to your room and change, then come back for dinner." Gerald said.

" But..." Before Penelope could complete her statement, Gerald took her hand and led her to her bedroom door.

" Come on.. shoo." Gerald said as Penelope smiled as she opened her bedroom door. She shut it as she approached her bed.

She looks up at the wall as she noticed a banner that said..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENELOPE...

A smile reached Penelope's lips, " I can't believe he remembered." She saw a present on her bed as she stared at it with a smile.

Just as she turned to leave her room, she heard a big thud from downstairs.

" Grandpa!" Penelope screamed as she hastily left her bedroom as she hurried to the stairs, only to see Gerald on the floor with his head bleeding.

" Grandpa!" Penelope cried as she rushed to him. " Grandpa, wake up.." Penelope cried. Penelope called an ambulance and Gerald was taken to the hospital.

The doctor confirmed that he had lost a lot of blood, they have his blood type and he might be in coma for a few days.

The bills were high and they refused to treat him unless she settles the bills she was already owing.

Penelope sighed as she watched the doctor leave. " What do I do?" Penelope cried as she sat on the waiting chair.

" Grandpa..." Penelope cried as she sniffed trying to control her tears. Penelope left the hospital as she went back home.

Reaching home she entered her bedroom as she approached her wardrobe and brought out all of her piggy banks.

Checking them, they were all empty, and not even a cent was found in one. Penelope sighs as she stared at her bed where she saw the present her grandpa gave her.

She sighed as she unwrapped the present only to see a beautiful royal blue box.

Opening the box, she found a locket inside, and opening the locket, she found hers and his picture. She sighs as she wore it around her neck.

The next day.

At Lydia's designer company. Penelope walked out of the elevator as she approached Lydia's office.

She knocked on the door as she entered inside the office. Lydia who saw Penelope smiled.

" Oh.. I knew you couldn't resist, after all you're like a money claw machine. And why the eye bags? Couldn't sleep at night?" Lydia asked as she chuckled.

" Girls! Take good care of this one." Lydia said as her girls took Penelope to get dressed.

They wore Penelope a beautiful black Mini dress and black high heel boots. They fixed Penelope's hair and did her makeup.

Penelope was just lost in her own world. She was feeling bad about what Gerald was facing, and committing suicide was the best torture for her.

Hello guys!

It's me Author Hearts. Well it's supposed to be me of course!

Im so excited about this book and I hope you all are too. Please do your best to vote and comment on each chapters.

Love y'all. Byeeeee....

- Hearts.