Chapter 10

Omniscient

Sincere sighed as she heard the sound of the doorbell. She groaned, pushing the covers off of her and slipping on her slippers. She then headed downstairs to get the door. She opened the door, coming face to face with her mother.

"He-" Her mother's face fell as she took in Sincere's appearance. Her hair was all over her head, she had on one of Que's t shirts, and she looked like she didn't feel well. "Are you sick?" Her mother questioned with a concerned face.

"It's just a little cold." Sincere lied. She was planning on announcing her pregnancy to her mother and grandmother during their outing tomorrow.

"Oh okay." Her mother pulled her in for a hug then made her way inside of the house. She placed her suitcase by the wall, and looked around at the nicely decorated home. "This is nice." She complimented Sincere. "Did you decorate all of this?" She questioned curiously, this was her first time being there.

"Yes." Sincere answered proudly, the only help she'd had was Pinterest.

"I'm impressed."

"Would you like a tour?" Sincere questioned.

"I would love that." Her mother smiled.

Sincere led her mother throughout their house, showing her every room. The tour came to an end when they got to the bedroom she would be sleeping in for the weekend. It was the room downstairs that they'd officially made their guest room.

"I've got the whole downstairs to myself." Her mother smirked.

"Yes." Sincere laughed. "That's why we put the guest bedroom downstairs."

"Nice." Sincere's mother complimented.

"Thanks." Sincere gave her mother a small smile. "Did you want to freshen up, I can fix us some lunch while you do."

"That sounds like a plan."

While Sincere's mother showered, Sincere cooked them some lunch. She decided to fix some salmon along with rice and asparagus. Salmon was one of her mother's favorites so Sincere had gone to the store to get some for her yesterday.

By the time Sincere's mother entered the kitchen Sincere was sitting down waiting on her with the table set. Her mother took a seat across from her and they prayed over the food before digging in. A couple of bites in, Sincere was already feeling the urge to throw up. She picked up her Ginger Ale, sipping from her straw trying to calm her stomach. Unfortunately, that wasn't helping, at all. Her baby was not liking the salmon.

"Excuse me." Sincere hurriedly rushed to the bathroom slamming the door shut. She kneeled, leaning her head towards the toilet, vomiting. A couple of seconds later there was a knock on the door.

"Are you okay?" Her mother questioned.

"I'm fine mom." Sincere assured her.

"Can I come in?" She questioned.

"No, I'm fine. I'll be right out."

"Okay."

Sincere let out a sigh of relief when she heard her mother's footsteps. She flushed the toilet, getting up and brushing her teeth. She then headed back into the kitchen with her mother.