11. Camilla

"Does my ass look big in this dress?" Dahlia snickers as I ask the question, looking over her shoulder from where she's doing her makeup. I spot Sofia raising her eyebrow through the mirror as she sits on her bed. "Your ass looks fine." I peer over at Dahlia, raising a questioning eyebrow. "So yes?" I sigh, turning back around as I address my reflection with an interrogating pout, my lips pursed as I narrow my eyes into slits, as if I need to change my perspective in order to judge appropriately. I make a humming sound, thinking carefully. It's not as if it matters a lot, it's just a casual outing. And the dress is beautiful in itself. It's a black, draped halter neck that ends just below my thighs. By itself, it's plain and dull but pairing it with shiny accessories helps bring some life to the otherwise dull design. Which is why I have a silver bulky chain wrapped around my neck with silver bangles and dangly long drop earrings that have the slightest tint of gold when in the right lighting. And to top it all off, I have on silver heels with a strap that wraps delicately around my ankle and a black Chanel purse with a gold chain that pairs nicely with my earrings. 

     Dahlia lets out a laugh, spinning around on the chair as she faces me. "Yes, Camilla. Now, how about me?" She gestures to her face with a light wave of her fingers, smiling brightly as she waits expectantly for applause. She perfected this green eyeshadow look, the inner corner a lighter shade of green while the outer eye area was painted a darker green, giving off a beautiful gradient effect. Instead of black eyeliner, she created an eyeliner look with white ink instead. She has a regular wing drawn as it flicks out to meet the crease in her eye, which she connects to the middle part of her eye. And the rest of her makeup is done flawlessly, her dark skin glowing with a light pink lip, or more beige with a pink undertone. "Lia, that looks so nice," I exclaim, walking towards her as I look closer. When I get a closer look, I notice she has a bit of sparkles on her eyelids too. "Thank you," she replies graciously, her tone bubbly to match well with her smile. "No wonder you're doing cosmetology," I say genuinely. She makes a thoughtful humming noise, looking at her reflection and studying every stroke and every brush on her face. "It would make sense," she says softly 

     Dahlia is getting a double degree in Fashion Design and Cosmetology, taking after her mother which was her own choice but she wanted to get a cosmetology degree as well because it was something she had enjoyed even before she started thinking about what to study. Dahlia is three years younger than Sof and I which is why she's in University later than the two of us were. Like the two of us and our mothers before us, Dahlia is studying at Thayer University, staying in the same room. "She's right," Sofia adds, flicking through a random business magazine nobody but Sofia finds interesting. "See, Sofia said so. Sofia is always right." Sofia nods, not once looking up from what she's reading. Dahlia chuckles lightly before she stands, dragging me over to the closet with her. "Okay, should I wear this green dress, which obviously goes with my eyes, or should I wear a black dress that I accessorise with green items?" I examine the options carefully, thinking about what the best one would be. The green dress is a beautiful sequinned sage dress, glistening with gems and the top half is an off-the-shoulder halter. The black dress is strapless, a split in the bottom that would expose her bare legs but it flows longer, closer to her knees than her thighs. 

     But even after examining both dresses, I don't get the chance to speak. "Green," Sofia instructs, not once even looking up at them. I was going to say green anyway so I nod my head and Dahlia puts away the black one. Sofia has on a dark red silk wrap dress with spaghetti straps holding it up on her shoulders. She has on black heels and small hoop earrings with a silver clutch. She has a long black coat on over the dress and it reminds both Dahlia and I that we should take a jacket because it will most likely get cold. The three of us walk down the stairs, meeting the boys and our parents in the living room. Niko is wearing tight black jeans with a basic black tee shirt that hangs from his biceps and  drapes over his ridges. He doesn't notice us as he's busy talking to Jameson. Jamie talks mostly to Sofia and Niko because they're cousins so I guess he automatically considers them closer.