The warm sun

This story has been posted by me on Ao3 under the username Opali. In case anyone wonders if it's copied, it's all my work ❤︎

  The sun peered from the cotton-like clouds. Summer had acquired its peak, rays of sunshine dancing in Miyagi just like it always did.

Hinata had packed everything ready because, of course, he would rather die than risk forgetting anything related to volleyball. His mother had nagged him the night before; have you packed spare clothes in case it rains? Have you remembered the sunscreen? What about towels? The weather can change drastically so make sure to have some extra hoodies! etc.

Yes, that consisted of Hinata's prior night. He did not harbor the right to complain, moreover, his mother was the reason Hinata tended to remember all of his belongings.

He could be very absentminded and clumsy at times—Kageyama was sure to remind him of that.

I'm not going to lose!!

Hinata's amber eyes were engrossed with resolve, aspiring each day to defeat the king of the court. He was not going to be stranded behind. Kageyama was a perfectionist on the court, however, the boy could be antisocial, have no commutative skills, and be graceless too - Kageyama would never admit that though. But that was fine for Hinata because he was going to show Kageyama that he could fight in the court. He was going to prevail no matter what!

Hinata gathered his pace, scrambling to the kitchen where his mother had prepared his breakfast and lunch. Being Hinata, he never had time to eat peacefully like an ordinary person. And mostly on this special day; he had no time to waste because they were all waiting.

Karasuno was going on a trip to practice beach volleyball for fun.

Hinata's eyes glimmered at the thought. He'd fantasize about all the frivolity; the water, Kageyama truly struggling for once, Daichi berating them to behave, Nishinoya's swift receives, and then Hinata could finally play with his teammates before the third years graduated high school.

It was a bittersweet trip because they all knew an era had come to an end. This whole year had blessed Hinata with so much joy and in truth...Hinata was a little fearful of the ending to arrive. He'd grown so close to what Karasuno symbolizes right now, and after this trip, their team would feel a void, somebody missing. Although Hinata hid these worries underneath his sunshine smiles, he couldn't help but think and think, toss and turn that whole night.

What would happen if things were going to change? This was Hinata's first friends he could call family, a home nobody could ever fathom. He loved Karasuno so much and he loved volleyball with all his soul.
No, Hinata wasn't going to waste this trip on tiresome worries. He was going to play volleyball and he was going to keep moving forward.

"Shouyo, I packed you a big bento for the bus ride." His mother expressed as Hinata entered the kitchen to sit down and munch on his breakfast which consisted of tuna onigiri and some regular side dishes the Hinata family loved having in the mornings. "How long will you be on that trip again?" His mother added as she sat down next to him.

Hinata beamed dazzlingly, "I will be gone the whole weekend, but I think I'm sleeping over at Sugawara's place from Sunday to Monday! His parents allowed us to have a night together before they graduate..." His warm smile twisted into a small frown, eyes somberly narrowing at the food. Hinata recalled when Sugawara first invited them over. He was looking so overly cheerful, however, both Daichi and Asahi expressed another emotion. It was that dismal smile because graduation was approaching.

No, I have to make it the best experience ever!

The third years have done so much for us