Ch. 2 Shadows of dread

The five friends, Ayesha, Adiba, Sarika, Arshin, and Sonali, felt a palpable shift in the atmosphere as days passed. While others seemed to forget the suspicious behavior at school, Ayesha and Adiba remained vigilant, always keeping an eye on the teachers and staff. The absence of the principal from usual sightings added to the air of mystery and unease.

One morning, Ayesha arrived at school earlier than usual, standing in the front door. Adiba joined her shortly after, they shared sense of apprehension unspoken but palpable. As they stood outside, exchanging quiet words, Sonali, the prefect, approached them with curiosity.

"Hey, why are you both here so early?" Sonali's voice broke the somber silence, but her eyes reflected the same unease that lingered in Ayesha and Adiba's expressions.

"We thought we were running late, but turns out we're early," Ayesha replied, her gaze flickering towards the school building, a foreboding presence in the dim light.

Sonali suggested they head inside, and the three of them made their way up to their classroom on the second floor. As they ascended the stairs, their conversation shifted to lighter topics, attempting to dispel the lingering tension in the air. Adiba suddenly stopped mid-sentence.