Ch.3 Twisted maze

Adiba suddenly stopped mid-sentence. They all heard a strange noise and turned to see a crow frantically flapping its wings. Before they could react, the crow crashed into a nearby window and fell lifeless.

A sense of unease settled among them, but Ayesha tried to brush it off, attributing it to mere coincidence. However, their nerves were further rattled when Ayesha screamed, claiming she saw a shadow darting past them. Sonali, always quick to react, let out a piercing shriek as she spotted something that made her blood run cold.

The flickering lights added to the eerie atmosphere, and the girls instinctively began to run through the corridors, their footsteps echoing in the empty school building. But no matter how fast they ran, the corridor seemed never-ending, like a twisted maze leading nowhere.

Their sprint came to an abrupt halt when the floor beneath them gave way, plunging them into darkness.

When they regained consciousness, it was to the sound of someone shaking them. It was Arshin, wearing a playful smile, questioning why they were napping when school hadn't even started yet. Sarika joined in, her laughter echoing through the class. However, the fear still lingered in the eyes of Ayesha, Adiba, Sonali.

As they gathered themselves, they noticed Huzaifa and Rishi approaching. Huzaifa, Ayesha's best friend and two years her senior, exuded a calm and composed aura. Rishi, Sonali's best friend, had a curious and friendly demeanor.

Arshin, sensing that something was amiss despite the laughter, probed them about what had happened. Before anyone could respond, the familiar sound of the school prayer began, signaling the start of another day filled with both ordinary routines and lingering mysteries. Arshin, Sonali, and Adiba used to sit together, with Ayesha and Sarika behind them, along with Huzaifa and Rishi, who were also part of their friend group. After the prayer, Arshin and Sarika hurriedly asked them to explain everything, noticing the fear in their eyes.

As Ayesha, Adiba, and Sonali explained the terrifying events they experienced, a palpable sense of fear gripped the group. Arshin and sarika sat huddled together, their expressions mirroring the unease that had settled within them. Even Sarika, known for her boldness, seemed unnerved by the recounted events.

In contrast, Huzaifa and Rishi remained remarkably composed. Their mature demeanor provided a sense of calm amidst the escalating tension.