The Unexpected Gift

River gasped as she called her husband. "My love, I'm in pain," she exclaimed. He rushes her to the hospital. Her husband is called the Doctor, an alien called a Time Lord from the planet of Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. Little did they know they would get the biggest news of their lives.

"You're having a baby!" River screamed loudly."What? I can't be? I don't look pregnant!" She was wheeled into a stretcher as the baby is about to come out.

The Doctor paced back and forth. He was going to be a father. He hadn't been a father since Jenny. He was really hoping for a girl.

The nurse came out. "Your baby is...." He rushed into the room, with pink balloons and a cake. River was cradling their newborn child. "Welcome to the world, our beautiful son." The pink balloons deflated,very clearly the Docotr was disappointed. River grinned. "I was joking. This is our daughter."

"One question. Do you have a name already." The Doctor turned pale. "I thought you were naming her." River exasperated, said, "I haven't thought anything yet. I want something elegant. Like....how about....Celeste. I mean, it is beautiful." The Doctor thought for a minute. "How about Sophie." River excitedly said,"Sophie Celeste Song. Oh, welcome to the world.

Just then, Amy burst in with Rory carrying a bunch of boxes stacked on top of each other. The Doctor helped him out. Amy was jumping up and down. "I'm finally a grandmother!!!" Rory said tiredly. "She inherited your hair." River looked at the baby lovingly. "But Father, she's got your eyes. Lovely combination. Mother's hair and Father's eyes." The Doctor turned around. "My daughter is ginger?"