𝟶𝟹

Demi humans have been regarded as a superior variant of the human species, possessing exceptional magical abilities that surpass those of both humans and elves. Nonetheless, their propensity to spread diseases has led to an unfavourable perception among humans, resulting in perpetual warfare between the two species. In the past, the demi humans were considered adversaries until their extinction, leaving no trace of their existence...

Until a boy who goes by the name Y/n exists.

A bug amongst the human population.

. . .

A pendant slipped from Lance's robe after he dodged Mash's hit. It dropped onto the ground, Mash kneeled to pick it up, questioning it. Y/n walked closer to him.
Opening the pendant, there was a tiny picture of a little girl...Which caught Mash and Y/n by surprise.

"A...A p-p-p-p...

"...What a cute little–"

"A pedo. You're a pedo." He abruptly accused Lance.

"I don't think..."

"I've got to tell the police. He's a criminal."

"I'm not."

...

"So you're aiming to be one?"

"Of course not. You've got it all wrong." Lance pauses, "That little girl is...My sister."

Mash stares at him blankly. While Y/n didn't seem to think anything wrong with it. "And that makes it better?"

"Mash...Just give the pendant back to him."

"Okay." He tosses the pendant back towards Lance.

"Let me ask you, mushroom head. What's the most precious thing in the world?"

"You're putting me on the spot here...Cream pu–"

"Wrong."

...

"Life."

"Wrong."

"Love."

"Wrong."

"Freedom."

"Wrong."

"Cream pu–"

"Wrong...Wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong!" Lance groans in frustration before he turns to look at Y/n, "You! What's the most precious thing in life?!"

Y/n thought for a moment, "Family?"

Lance clicked his tongue, "Close enough..." He mutters. "It's not that hard, you know. The answer's as obvious as one plus one equals two or blue and yellow making green!"

"So, what's the most precious thing in the world?"

"My little sister."

...

"Everyone's got their priorities."

That was...Rather interesting.
Soon enough, Lance walked to the edge of the cliff, hanging the bottle that was supposed to be filled with the three victims Mash was trying to save.
He told Mash he would drop the bottle off the cliff, and use his magic to speed up the fall. Threatened to attack Mash if he intervened.

Y/n leans against Mash, "the bottle's empty." He whispers, and Mash nods.

Unexpectedly, Mash stripped out of his robe and school pants...Revealing himself in a black bodysuit and white shorts. He had kindly folded his clothes too. The boy gets into a starting position, and Y/n abruptly gets lifted by his own shadow's hands– staying as far away from Mash.