18

18

Zoey:

"Wh-who is it?" I call louder.

"It's Calum. I have to recheck your whip wounds." He replies.

I stand up and walk over to the door slowly. I open the door.

He pushes his cart in. "Hey." He smiles weakly.

"Hi." I whisper and shut the door.

"Sit down,Zo. You don't have to be so nervous." He says.

I sit down carefully. "I'm not nervous about you I've just been...on edge." I whisper.

"Aw. Why? I know I'm not the councilor, but you can still talk to me." He unbuttons my long shirt in the back.

"Hmm I don't know...maybe because I got whipped." I say sarcastically.

He sighs. "Is there anything else bothering you though?" He cleans out the wounds and rubs my sides.

I shake my head. "No not really."

"I have to see Michael in about 45 minutes. Do you want me to stay in here?"

"Yes please." I whisper.

He buttons my shirt back up and closes the doors small window. He sits next to me on the bed. "I can't wait til you're out of this hell hole. You don't deserve this." He says.

"I know I don't." I whisper

He takes a piece of my hair in his hands. "Your hair is forming a bit like dreads. Do you want to shower?"

"Can I?" I ask and giggle softly.

He nods. "Of course you can. Come on." He stands up.

I stand up as well and follow him to the shower room.

"Come use the good one." He turns the shower on for me. "It has the hottest water."

"Okay, thank you." I whisper and unbutton the shirt from the back again.

"I'll hold your clothes." He tells me.

"Thanks." I pull the shirt off and strip off my pants as well.

"You're really pretty you know." He says.

I smile and blush. "Thank you." I finish getting undressed and hand him all my clothes.

"I could get you new clothes." He says. "I have some in my cart in your room." He adjusts his downstairs.

"Could you? That would be great. But stay inhere till I finish showering. There's no curtains and it scares me."

"I wouldn't leave you." He says.

"Okay good." I smile.

When I'm done, Calum hands me back my clothes. We walk back down the hall and back into my room. He pulls out some new clothes and I change.

"Thank you again Cal." I say and smile.

He nods. "I'm gonna have Mr. Irwin come and get you after Michaels appointment. Okay? But I have to go see him. I'll see you in a while."

Michael:

There's a loud knock on the door and that nurse guy walks in without even asking. What's his name...Caleb?

"I'm here for your check up." He says blankly. "God Michael. Do you know what you've done to Zoey?"

I shake my head a little. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"She's miserable." He continues. "She doesn't deserve this."

"I know she doesn't okay?" I snap at him.

He sits in front of me and checks my pulse. "Do you love her?"

I nod. "I do." I whisper. "A lot."

He sighs. "I can't promise there won't be any consequences for your actions,but I want you two out of here."

"You're kidding right?" He scoffs. "I have killed several people and you want me out?"

"I'm not kidding,no. And you can change. For Zoey."

"I have changed!" I say and look up at him.

"Are you sure about that? Do you want to see her?" He asks.

I shake my head. "I can't handle that. Not yet at least." I reply.

"Okay. Well, you seem healthy. Your cuts are healing. Here's a change of clothes." He hands them to me. "See you next week."

"Okay." I nod and watch him walk out.

Zoey:

"Calum wants to see you." Ashton opens my door. I look up at him and nod. He takes me to Calums office and when I open the door, he's pumping himself quickly.

"Holy shit,Zoey. I didn't know you'd be here right away." He covers himself with a towel. I gulp.

"I-I um...Ashton said you wanted to see me so I came as soon as I could." I squeak

He nods. "It's okay." He sits in his chair and I see him pump again.

"Why did you..." I look away. "What do you want?"

"Just to hang out. Let me just...okay I'm good." He stands up and washes his hands.

"Well I kinda needed to sleep." I whisper. "But okay."

"Michaels sensitive about you." He tells me.

"Yeah I know." I reply. "I don't really care."

"He loves you a lot,Zoey. Try to talk to him tomorrow at lunch."

I shake my head. "I can't. The guys who whipped me will probably whip me again."

"I'll sit there with you. They won't if I'm there."

"I just don't want to okay? And you can't make me."

"Okay. I'm sorry." He places his hand in mine.

"Its okay." I sigh.

The next day, at lunch, Michael walks in with two police officers. "Zoey. I wanted to say goodbye. They're moving me to jail." Michael sits in front of me. "And they're letting you out."