5

Gone 5

*Michaels POV*

Now that it's dark outside I can make my move on Mr. Johnson, who lives across the street from Zoey.

I pull my black jacket on, with my knife in the pocket. I dash down the street towards Zoey's house and look up in her window. Her light is on and I see her sitting on her bed. It looks like she's writing something, maybe drawing. I smile at the sight of her and quickly shake the thought of Zoey from my head. I pull my black gloves on, and grab ahold of the knife tightly, while walking towards Mr. Johnsons house.

I kick the window of Mr. Johnson's house, breaking the glass, and climb in. The lights are off, thankfully. I make my way into his room and see him sleeping in his bed. I quietly walk towards him and raise the knife.

His eyes fly open and I quickly bring the knife down on his chest. "Mi-Michael?" He stutters and I laugh. He must have seen the green hair. I pull the knife out of his chest and look at the wound. "Not good enough." I whisper and stab into his chest again. He groans in pain and I cover his mouth with my hand.

I take it out and plunge it into his chest one last time before his eyes finally close. "There." I laugh.

I pull the knife out and run my gloved finger across its bloody edge. I wicked grin spreads across my face as the blood drips onto the floor. "I'll be going now, Mr. Johnson." I say and laugh a little before walking back into the living room and climbing out the window.

I hear the police sirens and I run to my house. I put my knife in my drawer and throw my clothes in the washer. My phone rings. Zoey.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Mikey? I need you." She sounds like she's crying.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask even though I already know why she's crying.

"The-the neighbor. He's been killed Mikey. Stabbed three times." She sobs and I purse my lips.

"I'll be there in a minute darling. Hold on." I say softly and hang up the phone. I run to the bathroom and check my self, making sure there are no blood stains. I quickly hop in the shower just make sure before quickly driving to Zo's house.

I knock on the door and she answers, makeup running down her face. "He's getting closer, Mikey." She says and quickly wraps her arms around my waist. "I'm so scared."

"Zoey, nothing going to happen to you. I promise. I won't let anything happen to you." I whisper and stroke her hair. Of course nothing will happen to her. I wouldn't kill Zo. She has nothing to be scared of.

"What if he kills me Mikey!" She sobs into my chest and I rub her back.

"He won't hurt you. I swear." I say.

"I'm scared. He was asleep and that sicko killed him. I'm scared Michael. I won't be able to sleep at all anymore, knowing he's working on my neighborhood." She cries.

"Hey. Its okay. We are getting away tomorrow remember? We will be four whole hours away from this town. You will be okay. You're safe with me Zoey." I say and pull her chin up so she is looking in my eyes.

She just doesn't know..she's with the killer.

She stands on her tippy toes and pecks my lips.

"I don't want to die." She whispers.

"You won't. I'm here for you." I whisper back and wipe away her tears.

"C-can you stay here tonight? Just in case." She asks shyly.

"Yes." I whisper back and she grabs my hand,leading me to her room.

She lays down and pulls me in front of her. She pulls the covers up and moves her body closer to mine, laying her head on my chest.