Slave

Slave Maid Witch Queen

Entry 1: Slave

O.O.O

Wherein a little girl flees from a life of slavery and meets a prince.

O.O.O

"Move!" A voice roared before snapping a whip next to the line of connected humans. "You'll rest when I say you can rest."

Beryl's body flinched as the whip snapped again. Despite having heard the terrible noise constantly for two days, she could still not reduce the sense of fear the torture device created. It had only been two days since the raids. Since her world had been turned upside down and she was made to endure this living hell. It was hard to think straight and collect her thoughts. Between the torturous trek with her neck bound to the neck of the person in front of her by a length of rope and the horrific sleep she was forced to endure as she tried to sleep in her restraints her mind felt cloudy. Sleep had also been dominated by the nightmares of the raiders invading her village. Beryl's body shivered as she did her best to push down the paralyzing visions of blood and gore decorating what had been her home.

"Halt!" The man with the whip roared as he snapped the divide near the head of the human chain. "On your knees."

"Philip," A man on a horse from the rear growled as he noticed the captives beginning to rest. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Shove it up your ass Jeremy," Philip snapped at his companion as he clipped his whip to a notch on his belt. "I have to take a piss."

"You wouldn't have to piss so often if you didn't drink so much," Jeremy grunted as he moved the horse close to the captors. "

"Maybe I wouldn't have to piss so much if I wasn't the only one on the ground," Philip grunted as he moved into a dense patch of trees.

"I swear we'll demand the boss get us some wagons for this work," Jeremy grumbled, shaking his head. "We'd be able to get it done much faster."

"Quiet whining like a newborn and get back here," A third man ordered. He was also on a horse and had been at the front of the line. "I'll try and talk with the boss after we get this group back. Hopefully one of them will help him relieve some stress and he'll be in a good mood.

Beryl took in the scene around her. After the main force had ransacked and destroyed the village the remaining survivors had been bound and left in the care of this trio.

"Beryl, keep your head down," A voice instructed her. The voice belonged to her older sister Morgana who she was tied to. "If you catch their glance they could take an interest in you."

"Yes big sister," Beryl answered, forcing herself to look at the ground instead of their captures. "I'm sorry."

As she struggled to keep her eyes off her captures, Beryl noticed her sister pull one of the pins out of her hair bun and began to use the pointed end of the pin to stab at the ropes keeping the two of them together. Her sister performed this task every time their captors were not looking in hopes of cutting Beryl free.

"I've almost got it," Her sister insisted in a low tone. "Once you're free, I want you to run as fast as you can into the forest and don't look back."

"But sister," Beryl protested, the idea of being separated from her sister absolutely terrified her. She had already lost her entire village. "I don't want to be separated from you."

"It's the only way you can survive. I'm almost there," Morgana whispered as she doubled her efforts to hack through the rope with the hairpin. Just as it seemed like a never ending task, the last of the strands of the rope broke and the tether between the two girls was no more. "It worked. Now when I..."