Witch

Slave Maid Witch Queen

Entry 3: Witch

O.O.O

Wherein the secrets of witchcraft are revealed to the young woman.

O.O.O

"Are you daft boy?" King Aethlius roared as he slammed his fist on the table, almost knocking his wine goblet over in the process. Beryl flinched as she watched the exchange between father and son. She had been ordered to deliver wine for the king after he returned from his hunting exposition. Upon entering his study, the King received the wine from Beryl, a visit from his son, and the guard report of a Lunarian sneaking into the castle and meeting with the prince all at the same time. "You could have been killed."

"With all due respect father," Endymion replied, doing his best to remain calm. "I don't think that creature is capable of hurting a fly. She's too innocent."

"By the gods," The King groaned as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "My son finally expresses interest in women and it's for a damn Lunarian spy."

"She is not a spy," Endymion insisted, leaning forward on the table attempting to match his father's energy. "Serenity only wished to experience the beauty of our planet first hand."

"Serenity? Serenity the second? Princess of Silver Millenium?" King Aethlius asked, an all new rage building in his voice. "A member of the royal house we have poor relations with was here and not only didn't you detain her, you gave her a tour of our gardens?"

"Y-yes," Endymion stammered, realizing the girl had only told him her name and nothing else.

"You had the daughter of the leader of our greatest adversary in your presence and you let her go?" The King insinuated, already knowing the answer.

"I didn't know she was royalty," Endymion admitted, finally realizing the weight of what he had done. "I..."

"You saw a pretty face and your brain shut off," The King explained, picking up his goblet and draining the wine inside in large gulps. He presented the empty cup to Beryl who was barely able to refill it without spilling any when the King yanked it back and took another long gulp. "I'm simultaneously proud and disappointed in you. Let's only hope she truly is the naive little girl you claim her to be and nothing else. You are confined to your quarters unless escorted by one of your generals or your teachers. Do you understand me?"

"Yes father," Endymion answered before turning on his heel and storming out of the room. Beryl winced as Endymion slammed the door on his way out. An uneasy silence filled the room with the absence of the prince. Beryl remained dutifully holding the wine waiting for the king's permission to be excused.

"Beryl," King Aethlius began, clearing his throat. "Leave the bottle and fetch me the Shitennou. I want a word with them."

"Of course my lord," Beryl bowed as she placed the bottle on the desk and made her way out of the room. She lifted the skirt of her dress, prepared to run through the halls.

"And Beryl," Aethlois called as Beryl's hand grasped the door handle. "Do your best to not fuel the rumors of our son's little visitor."

"I would never start rumors about the prince," Beryl confessed. "I swear I would never do such a thing."

"I know you wouldn't," Aethlius confirmed as Beryl opened the door and began to move through the halls hoping to find one of the Shitennou as quickly as possible. She wanted to relay the King's message and find Endymion to talk with him alone before any of the higher staff in the castle assigned her a new task. Luckily she came across Zoisite going over research materials in the library. The general sighed in dreaded expectation as he received the message from the King. It was a summons from his majesty and ,given the expression he bore across his features, it wasn't difficult for Beryl to deduce why.