S N O B S

Ravina

I know my story has taken a dark turn but bear with me here. There's light in my life. In this ball before selling stupid stuff claiming it's for "charity" when it's just a bunch of bored rich people ready to show off their money and link up to later do each other because I'm still certain of their loneliness. Yeah I said it, events such as these are like hang out cafès for college students. Except it's just billionaires being bored in their mansions so they invite their friends to hang out.

Or more like compare each other's wealth.

Going back on the topic. My favorite part of these events is the arrival and my most dreaded are the tasks. But luckily for me, Angus never once let them take me to their home because in his messed up head he is saving me for Nathaniel. A man he's so sure I can woo it's making me feel anxious that if I don't, I'll be useless to him.

Now, this hunt for Mr Wader started two years ago. The man is merely a ghost, heck, he doesn't even want his face on television. Anyone who would dare to put him will for sure face one heck of law suit. Or worse if he wants, he's still a criminal after all. The man doesn't always make an appearance, it's pretty rare. He just shows up, mingles and listen to idiots try to make deals with him then move on to the next till he's tired and leaving.

The funny thing is my studies almost took a toll and I got a beating for it because I was learning about how to seduce and catch his attention and ensuring to study at the same time. Of course something had to fall, it just shouldn't be making Angus look good. Now as a qualified brain surgeon with a PhD at 24 I still act like that little lost girl that will do anything for survival and I did. Anything.

I never even had the chance to look for a job. Last I had a job was with practice at school.

For someone who has been closed off at school, in public or everywhere because I couldn't make a single friend and risk their life by mingling with me, I sure as hell am good at conversations, exhibit A. Here comes Gibson Hale, CEO of Framed Franchise for a while now. He's one of my targets I should be friendly with.

That's another skill I've been taught. The balance between sexy and innocent. My eyes basically called Gibson over when he caught me looking at him from up and down and then back up with my eyes holding a dangerous glint as an "invite" over. He took it like the stupid bowl of piss he is. I turn around, ordering a glass of some sweet mixed drink with no alcohol.

Alcohol ruins your body, they said. I actually agree on that one, it tastes like horrible.

"You know a woman is beautiful when you spot them all the way across a room filled with the best looking people New York has to offer." A deep husky voice speaks behind me, the huskiness is not like the sexy one a man that has just woken up has. This one is of someone who suffocates himself with cigarettes.

I slowly turn around and lay my arm against the countertop of the bar to turn to the man. He's not bad looking but he's many years too old. His big belly ruins it all. Excuse me, all bodies are beautiful.

I still try to make myself the opposite of the girl people expect me to be. Without my response the wart continues, "I don't think I've had the pleasure of seeing you before." His blue eyes scan me up and down, I'm sure they notice my one exposed leg at the moment. Which is why his eyes stay there.

"I'm not much of an outgoing person." My voice is sweet, soft and as sultry as I look. My eyes hold innocence, the type of innocence these men crave. With a hint of seduction.

Big innocent eyes, they eat that shit up. Angus' voice echoes inside my head. The fool is right but I'd rather die than admit that to him.

"Tell me more sweetheart. Your voice and those words sound like music to me." Like I should actual care.