2 years ago: bringing her home

~With Lucy and Tim~
It was end of shift, but since they started early, they could just fix some things so Tamara could live with them that same night. They got into their car and went to a furniture store to buy a bed, a closet, a desk and chair, a night stand, a cute night light, and curtains, they also went to a DIY shop to buy some paint, they chose some pastel blue and white for the other walls. When they got home Lucy started painting the walls while Tim put the furniture together, when they were done they saw the room but they missed a few things like a carpet and some posters so they went to the store and buy a carpet, they waited for the posters because they wanted to let Tamara choose herself. They got back home, and Lucy put the carpet where she wanted it and stood next to Tim in the doorway.
T: I can't believe we're doing this.
He looked down and looked in Lucy's eyes before kissing her lips.
L: I know, but this is what we want, right?
T: Yeah, and I can't wait to have her in our house.
L: Then maybe we should go and bring her home.
Lucy smiled, and Tim fell in love with her a little more.
They got out of the doorway and went to Tim's truck. They got in and drove to the shelter, Lucy was smiling, and Tim had his hand on her thigh and was steering with one hand. When they got to the shelter they went to the lobby and fill in the papers for taking Tamara home as foster parents, when they were done they went to Tamaras room where she was sat on her bed finishing homework, when Lucy knocked on her door.
L: Hey Tamara, how are you?
Ta: Lucy! Tim! Are you here to pick me up?
T: Yes, we are.
Tim smiled, and Tamara ran to them and hugged them tight. Lucy and Tim hugged her back. That's when Tim realized that this kid was going to mean more to him than just a kid they found. Tim helped her pack her stuff while Lucy finished everything with the shelter. They went home as soon as they could, and when they got home, they showed Tamara her new room.
Ta: it's... everything I've ever dreamed about!
Tamara said, unsure of how to tell them how beautiful the room was. She turned around and hugged them once again. Their heart melt, knowing how happy she was. They spend their first evening together having dinner and watching a movie when the movie finished, Tim saw that Tamara was asleep in the chair next to the couch. He got up and picked her up. She woke up in panic, flinching at the movement from a man.
T: Hey, don't worry, it's me, I'm gonna put you in bed, okay? Lucy is in the living room.
Tamara calmed at Tim's voice and went back to sleep. Tim brought her to her room and put the blanket over her, gave her a kiss on her forehead, and left the room. When he got back in the living room, Lucy sat on the couch looking at him with a bright smile on her face.
T: What are you so happy about?
L: Just everything, I'm so happy we took her in.
T: me too, she's everything I ever dreamed about, well, one of our own would be perfect too.
Lucy chuckled and gave Tim a kiss on his lips.