49.

February 5th, 2017

H : "Hey Claire! I know you're still mad at me, but I'm back in London so.... can we see each other?"

H : "It's just to talk, this time. I promise.

H : "Please. I'm sorry.

[read at 4:34PM]

C : "No.

C : "I don't wanna talk to you.

C : "Give me a day or two.

Or a week or two. Or a month or two. Or a year or two. Claire's bad mood - an LA type of mood, perhaps - still hadn't left her. 

She was still mad at Harry. 

He could wait, now, like she had waited for him all those days.

February 11th, 2017:

Claire now lived in standby status.

Funnily enough, her audition had been the day after Harry's birthday party - and the mental breakdown she had experienced once she had gotten back to her hotel room.

Her emotions had been on an all time high, the following day, waiting in the hallways of Talent Works. Every little noise made her jump, everything that brushed her made her bristle and she wished she could lock herself inside of some room and just rock back and forth, hugging her knees to her chest and forget everything that had happened to her in the past months.

Specifically, she wanted to forget Harry.

Let's make something clear: she still had a crush on him. She still longed for him. She still wanted him in any way known to man. But she would not make the mistake of giving herself to him, sleeping with him, just to watch him leave her in the middle of the night because it had been fun, but...

What held him back from talking to her?

He had been the one to insist that the two of them talked, in the first place! He had pointed his finger at her, told her she wouldn't get away from him, that they had to talk. No, that they needed to do so. Claire had not imagined the whole thing. His words were engraved in the back of her mind, just like his lips and his hands moving up and down her body were.

So what had changed? What had made him change his mind? Why didn't he want to talk to her anymore? Had he realized that, after all, they had nothing to talk about because all he cared about was getting between her legs and getting that temporary pleasure? Was that it?

Either that or the fact that the only talk he was interested in to was the one concerning what position she'd like to be fucked in.

Those were the only two explanations in Claire's mind.

Getting to that conclusion had made her feel incredibly on edge, so when her name had been called and she had been directed to the room where the actors were giving their auditions she had levitated down the hallways, hating the hand of the assistant on her back as she was guided.