Of Marvels, Nanites and Aliens

Two years had passed since Ben Tennyson, Hero of Earth, had not only defeated the rogue Chronosapien, Maltruant but also witness the birth of his own universe. Since then, things had been relatively peaceful, which allowed Ben to properly focus on other, more important, things. However, one day, Plumber HQ began to pick up some strange spatial distortions not to far from Los Soledad and sent Ben to investigate it.

Now Ben found himself driving in his newly built car that resembled a fusion between the Maybach Exelero and the Cadillac Ciel with a metallic green paint job topped off with a black racing stripe running along the vehicles frame. 'Man... It's been a while since I've had to do a solo mission.' He thought to himself as he pressed his foot further down on the accelerator. 'Hope I'm not too rusty.'

He was broken from his thoughts as the familiar voice of Grandpa Max came over the radio, "Ben, do you read me?"

Ben smiled upon hearing his grandpa's voice as he slowed his car to a stop just a couple of feet away from the strange disturbance. "Yes, grandpa. I read you."

"Good, anything to report?" Max asked, his voice fizzling out from some interference causing Ben to frown. "Nothing much but I am getting some strange interference over the radio. I'll call you back when its fixed."

Stepping out of his car, Ben looked at the Omnitrix as a holographic compass flickered into existence just above the devices faceplate but before he could take another step.

BOOOM!

Ben suddenly found himself being launched backwards as a strange portal began tearing itself open right in front of him. "What the hell..." He groaned out before his eyes widened in shock upon seeing a very familiar form fly out of the tear and slamming into the ground in front of him.

"Ouch... Did any get the number if the truck that hit me...?" The figure jokingly groaned as he rose to his feet unsteadily and proceeded to brush himself off.

"Rex....?" The person's head snapped in Ben's direction upon hearing his name as his eyes light up in recognition. "Ben!! How you been man? Love the new look!"

Ben blinked for a moments before shaking himself from his stupor, "I'm fine thanks but what are you doing here?!?!" The young man asked before gesturing towards the giant tear in front of them. "And do happen to have any idea as to what's happening at the moment?!?" He demanded, knowing full well that Rex's appearance in his world was never a good sign.

"Yeah about that, you remember when you ended up in my universe and we had to team up to fight the Alpha Nanite?" Rex asked as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah...?" Ben realised that he wasn't going to like where this going causing his eye to twitch in frustration.

"Well as it turns out he's been trying to escape for a while now. Providence didn't know it at the time so they sent me to investigate some strange energy signature which lead to me finding Alpha and well... here we are now." Rex finished explaining as he turned to face the dimensional tear, "If we don't stop him now then who knows what could happen!"

Ben glanced at the portal before looking back at his friend, "So what do you suggest we do?"

Suddenly, a familiar voiced spoke from behind Rex, "Well I for one, would suggestion that you use your Chronosapien transformation but it would be a highly dangerous idea."

Ben smiled as he glanced over Rex's shoulder, "Professor. Paradox. Long time no see." He greeted as Rex jumped back strapped by the man's suddenly appearance.

"Wha-..?Who...?" The Nanite wielding hero spluttered. "Now, now Rex, no need to be alarmed. I just came to talk with you and Ben." Paradox reassured him as he turned to face and extended his hand, "It's good to see you again my boy!"