(9) NO TO CHANGE

Along with all the ritual the marriage of Bheem and Hidimba got accomplished with great enthusiasm

Along with all the ritual the marriage of Bheem and Hidimba got accomplished with great enthusiasm. After marriage they were left alone for celebrating first night, the most cherished moments of couple life. Everyone had retired to have rest, but Arjun was in deep thoughts remembering some words.

"Dear Bheem, congratulations for starting of your new life. Together you and Hidimba have to witness many changes after this. So, keep yourself prepared. I believe that you both will appear well in each phrase of your life," Kunti had adviced while blessing the newly wedded couple.

The word change made a different impact on Arjun. The word was making him restless, and the reason was half known and half unknown to him.

"Where are you lost, dear Parth?" Unknown to Arjun, Subhadra had sat beside him after patting his shoulder, gently.

"Dear Parth! If this address is a joke then it's a bad one," he couldn't take that word lightly as he never had heard that from her.

"Why will it be a joke? I addressed you teasingly since I had noticed you sitting lost, but you are dear to me in real," her slower tone made him guilty for being serious without any such reason.

"I am sorry. By the way, why did you get late?" He realised her delay as soon as he tried to find a topic to divert their conversation towards normal direction.

"I was fixing something up," a proud smirk was dancing on her face placing itself finely on the finest surface of her face.

"What was that?" His keen gaze acknowledged the expression of her face.

"Future of my friends," she replied.

"But how?" he asked.

"Since a few days I had been narrating them about Karenumati and Vijaya, my friends from Kanyakul. Both of my friends at here are seeming interested in them. So, we can expect wedding bells bringing great changes in their lives sooner or later," she explained how her role as a match maker had started.

Arjun smiled thinking about his brothers, but that smile couldn't last long. The mention of change by Subhadra restored the vibes around Arjun which had become chaotic for him before her arrival.

"If your brothers come to take you from here will you go back with them?" Sadness was more evident in his voice than seriousness.

"I don't have certain answer for this at this moment. Decisions are meant to be taken as per calls of duty. So, if my duty needs me here I will stay here or else I have to go back," she sensed his sadness, but she couldn't utter any fake assurance to him.

"I don't know whether I am going to get time for saying all these in near future or not, but I want to say that you have changed my inner self in the most influential way. You had relived the happiness inside me which I used to feel in my childhood. Since the day I had met you I never felt my old self, the all time alert Arjun even for small reasons. You made me meet my lost self which I had forgotten after my father's death," he grabbed her hand before venting out everything which had gripped his heart.

"I am not going this sooner from here, Arjun!" She reciprocated his touch, affectionately.

Without being able to control, he pulled her into a fierce hug. His face was buried in her thick curls with an extremely emotional look.

"My heart was so restless to confess to you. So, I did it," he tried not to sniff, but couldn't succeed.

"Calm down, Arjun. I am here, right?" Her tiny palms were rubbing his bare back, tenderly.

"In childhood I had thought that I would be like the happy and carefree Arjun for whole life, but the drastic change in life changed me into someone else. I have got my old self back after years. I don't want any change after this," his hold over her got tightened almost pulling her onto his lap.

"The drastic change of your life had made you evolved as a strong and skilled warrior. The name and fame you have as a well focused and well disciplined person have been created out of that change only," sensing his wish, she settled herself on his lap.

"I appreciate that change in my own way, but I don't want any more change in my life which will change me again," he too made her position a comfortable one providing her the space she should get on his lap.

"If there's any chance of me causing any negative change in you life then I will better crumble my existence before letting that happen through me," a smile crept on her face due to her closeness with him.

"You won't look good as a crumbled piece," he broke the hug with a small smile.

"Like you won't look good if you cry," she wiped his tears with the edge of her saree.

She didn't question him why he cried after being a warrior. That conveyed her understanding and maturity more to him making him admire her more.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏