(16) THE MASTERMIND

The next day Duryodhan along with his brothers and army arrived at Indraprastha to fight with Pandav brothers

The next day Duryodhan along with his brothers and army arrived at Indraprastha to fight with Pandav brothers. Duryodhan had come with army of Gandhar since he hadn't informed about the attack to anyone in Hastinapur. The army of Gandhar was smaller in comparison to army of Indraprastha.

Bhanumati, wife of Duryodhan, who was aware of his husband's wicked plan was bound by the swear given by her husband. He insisted her not to inform anyone in Hastinapur. Luckily, she made a way out, and informed about the same to Indraprastha.

Duryodhan was shocked to see his opponents standing in front him all prepared to face him.

The war began, and Pandav brothers won over Duryodhan and his army, effortlessly.

"Would you like to surrender at straight or do you have any other trick to play?" Bheem had a proud smirk on his face.

"Why do you have such hurry, Bheem? I am yet about to apply my final trick," Duryodhan also reciprocated with his signature smirk, the evil smirk.

Duryodhan signalled, and a chariot came ahead carrying an unconscious Kunti.

"Now, you guys have two options. Either surrender the control of Indraprastha to me or see your mother dying slowly. I had made her drink a kind of poison which would absorb all her internal energies in just three days," Duryodhan was succeeded in shocking Pandav brothers.

"Duryodhan, I will kill you. How dare you to do that? I swear to give you a death which none have ever heard," Bheem roared in the highest pitch of his voice.

"Then you won't able to save you mother, because I have the herb which can cure her before anything fatal can happen," being a cunning conspirator, Duryodhan had prepared a safe route for himself.

"Duryodhan, nothing is more important to us than our mother. If you want Indraprastha then............," out of agony, Yudhishthir was about to announce Duryodhan's victory, but a voice interrupted him.

The voice came from sky, and belonged to Lord Indra, the king of heaven.

"Hold on, Yudhishthir. No need to get agree to his demand. Nothing has happened to your mother. Look at there," Lord Indra made the brothers see a happy sight which soothed their hearts.

All of them ran to Kunti, and captured her in a protective group hug making her the rush of their emotions too closely.

"Mata, are you fine? Why did get unconscious if you were all fine?" Sahdev cried out in concern while checking on his mother.

"I put this act on according to Devraj's advice," Kunti replied, calmly.

Each eye shifted towards Lord Indra asking the real scenario behind the story.

"Yes, I had adviced her to act. I had known about Duryodhan's plan about Kunti. He had gone to Kunti for conveying the message that Dhritarashtr permitted her to visit Kuntibhoj. Kunti was too happy as she had wished to visit her maternal home since long," Lord Indra narrated the initial stage of Duryodhan's plotting.