CHAPTER 1- Weirdness

PART-1

Hi! My name is Mira and I'm-

Okay, hold that thought. I can't focus on introducing myself when people are screaming downstairs. I open my bedroom door and race downstairs.

Then I freeze.

And scream "What IS that thing?!''

This giant black monster with tentacles shooting out of its body is in the center of the room. Two arms, tentacles-whatever were wrapped around two squirming figures.

Boys.

It had a white, deformed, skull like face- if you could call it a face really, and a big gaping hole- a mouth- wide open and filled with jagged tomb-stone like rows of 'teeth'. To sum it up, it was plain UGLY. Drool dripped from its mouth burning holes in the floor.

My attention though is on a closed book on the ground. I stare at it. Ancient, black with a lot of twisted lines on it. Did I forget to mention that it was surrounded by dislocated tentacles still squirming on the ground?

'What did you do!' I scream at the two boys.

'Run!' the black-haired one screams back at me.

'Nothing much,' the other says. His face then contorts with pain.

'You're going......... to............die!' I scream back.

'Oh, don't worry if I die I'll blame it on him on him,' the black haired one says.

'It's all his fault!' the other revolts.

All this time I'm still staring at the book. Then it finally rings a bell in my mind.

'Wait you released it !'I said taking cover behind a wall, snatching up the book as I ran.

None of them replied. The thing was crushing them, squeezing the air out of them and since it was wrapped around their bodies completely restricting their movements, there was nothing they could do to help themselves.

And I was useless against it!

I watched as it brought them closer to its mouth.

Zade, the dark brown haired one passed out. His face was tense and close to turning blue.
I wince as drool dropped from between its jagged teeth​ unto the floor. It sizzles and burns a hole in the floor.

Stupid acid!

Then I feel something wet against my leg. I look down.

It is a tentacle....

Then I run.

The stupid thing follows me with lightning speed. What was that thing?
Oh yeah, I was running for my life when I finally remember.
I run past the sitting room and leap behind the couch.

It's a Constrictor, it squeezes the air out of its prey rendering it unconscious and defenseless before devouring it. Your average carnivorous run-of- the-mill psycho predatory monster.

I can hear the tentacle slithering across the floor.

How far was this things reach anyway?

All the while I'm holding my breath. Then the sound disappears.

I breathe out deeply.
BIG MISTAKE #1.

The tentacle wraps around my foot and drags me across the floor quickly, retracting itself back to its host.
I had weaved myself in and out of like three rooms downstairs. Long story short, it was not comfortable.