IV

CHAPTER IV
———————————————————

SUGURU SAT OUTSIDE BY HIMSELF, with his head in his palms and his hair hanging down and low.

It was late at night, Shoko was fast asleep and Satoru was out on a mission, a mission that was considered too difficult for a special-grade sorcerer like Suguru.

Even though he and Satoru were both special-grade sorcerers, Satoru exceeded in ways that Suguru could never achieve.

Suguru felt hopeless, stuck in a loop and in an awkward middle ground between Shoko and Satoru due to the difficulty of the missions provided to each.

"What the fuck am I going to do with my life?" he questioned himself, letting out a gasp of desperation.

Suguru struggled with himself after his lost battle with Toji Fushiguro, the man who described himself as a monkey due to his lack of cursed technique.

Suddenly, he saw something.

The world was still, and his surroundings completely changed.

The ground turned to ash, and the distance was a layer of thick fog, and it all started coming back to him.

It was peaceful, and he didn't feel the sinking that he did before.

He stood up and looked around him, searching for anyone who could possibly be with him in the domain.

He was unsure whether or not he was in a domain expansion, but he was in the same place that he found himself in when he fought that girl.

The Zenin.

He looked ahead, spotting a figure standing still not too far away from him.

He began walking towards the figure, and slowly features of the girl started revealing themselves.

Suguru picked up his pace, turning his walk into a jog in order to get to the girl sooner.

"Y/n-" he called out breathlessly, desperate to see her once more.

The feeling was foreign, he never thought that he would be desperate to see someone that he fought previously.

However something about his current state of emotion and the homely feeling of her innate domain, it all made the boy seek her comfort.

Since nobody was there for him at that moment in time, it felt as if being trapped in the domain again might have saved him from self-destruction.

Y/n stood with her back facing him, acting as if she were unaware of his presence.

The boy caught up to her, grabbing her shoulder desperately, which caught her attention with a fright.

Without a thought, Suguru hugged her, even though she meant harm to him a few days prior.

Y/n was unable to respond adequately and simply hugged him back with confusion.

He practically clung to her, as if she were the last thing he had, but they didn't actually know each other.

He crumbled down onto the ash below, dragging Y/n down with him.

"Why am I here?" he asked her, tears visibly pricking his eyes, but he felt ashamed to show them.

"You're in my innate domain," she told him bluntly.

"Why?" he questioned her.

"Don't worry about it." she had a small smile on her lips, and Suguru had no other choice but to accept the answer.

"Can you at least tell me something that makes sense." he asked again.

"THEY ARE STILL AFTER ME."
———————————————————
@SCYKHS