XXIII

CHAPTER XXIII
———————————————————

THE DOMAIN WAS DISMANTLED AND SUGURU REGAINED CONSCIOUSNESS ON THE STUDENT BATHROOM FLOOR.

He stood still, processing what had just taken place until he heard a set of footsteps swiftly make its way to the bathroom.

A girl stood in front of him and knelt down to his level.

"Let's go back to my room. Or at least let me take you back to your room."

Suguru was unable to respond and simply nodded shakily while letting his hand out.

Y/n lifted him from the ground and pulled him along to the dormitories.

Suguru landed up in Y/n's bed, frozen in place.

She tried to comfort him but was unsuccessful, so she turned the light off and stayed with him for a while before leaving the room.

She was unsure of what she was about to do but felt that it was the right thing at the end of the day.

Y/n breathed heavily before knocking on the door in front of her, waiting to be met with a face she wasn't that excited to see.

"You?" the door opened, revealing a white-haired and blue-eyed man in front of her.

"Do you have a minute to spare?" she looked genuinely concerned, which caught his attention since he had never seen her express this much concern for anyone.

"Alright, what's up?" he let her in and he sat on his bed.

"It's- Suguru." she scratched her head anxiously.

"Is he alright?" his eyes widened, imagining the worst.

"No, but for now he'll be alright," she called him down but he was still cautious.

"What happened?" he asked.

"He's been having some trouble mentally. It's difficult to explain." she struggled to find the words to speak.

"I don't get it, he's fine most of the time." Gojo furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"He is definitely struggling. The main problem is that he feels extorted and inferior." she found the right vocabulary to explain.

"I still don't get it. Suguru has been telling me he's okay, and the weight loss was from the summer stress." Gojo seemed more panicked than before.

"I've had to hold him in my arms and comfort him in ways that I can't even understand." she paced through his abnormally large room.

"Where is he now?" he questioned her.

"In my bedroom, but I just wanted to let you know that he isn't doing well and wanted to ask if you had any idea about it," she answered.

"I assumed the Toji fight would have affected him, but he was the one that stopped me from doing what I wanted to do. I just thought he was dealing with it better than I was." he frowned and seemed disappointed in himself.

"He clearly isn't. He has referenced that fight before, and it plays a big role in all of this." she sighed and sat down on the floor.

"Thank you for telling me this, Y/n." Gojo let his hand out and picked her up from the floor.

"I will let you know if things escalate." she walked towards the door to leave.

"Please do. And thank you again." he smiled weakly.

"NO PROBLEM."
————————————————————
@SCYKHS