!Welcome!

Hi everyone! 

So, I am still alive. Crazy, I know. Depression is a bitch but so am I and so I'm back. The past year that I have been kinda radio silent I got to find myself a lot. No longer a small town waitress, glad to report. I am an avid city commuter that gets to work my dream job every day as Front of House Manager at a theatre! But enough about me, you're all here for whatever fucked up thing I write.

I have seen the current Broadway revival of Sweeney Todd 22 times and counting. I have made friends because of this show, I have theorized backstories with fucking Josh Groban at midnight in the middle of 46th street. When my brain starts thinking about something, I can't turn off. Blame the autism, blame the ADHA, blame whatever but I Lovett (HA) because it gives me some great stories.

Sondheim had a wonderful way of creating characters with little to nothing of a backstory which pulls you in more. I decide to give them a backstory. I have watched almost every Sweeney Todd movie and read every book. In this, you will read nods to the OG penny dreadful, A String of Pearls, the 2007 and 1997 movies and mostly the current 2023 revival. 

In my head, Nellie is being portrayed here by (the queen herself) Annaleigh Ashford and Sweeney is kind of a mix of Josh an Aaron Tveit. Now, as you have probably guessed by that first chapter, Nellie is alive. This actually started as a joke after I watched the 1982 version and at the time I was hyperfixated on physics. I remember going off on a soliloquy for almost, like, 40 minutes maybe, explaining how if Lovett was thrown at a certain speed, her weight plus her gown could've been enough to either put out the fire or make it dim for a little.

I will like to say that I ended up not going to school for physics so we're safe now but my friend proceeded to tease me because of my idea. Now, skip ahead a couple of years, I am Newsies obsessed. Newsies takes place in 1899 so I did a lot of research - and if you're into Newsies, check out From the Journals of Katherine Plumber. ANYWAYS, I then became obsessed with history and so this opened a whole can of worms which led me to Bridgerton. I can quite possibly tell you anything about the Regency Era and London then.

Skip ahead again, I end up working in a Colonial History museum and finally Attend the Tale live on Broadway. Oh my God. If I only knew where that will get me. I come back to see I am craving more of a story. Of course, being a avid Sweenett shipper and loving Nellie's character, the ending makes me heart break. I spent hours in my museum researching 1820s-40s to discover, ovens were nothing like how the play make them out to be. 

Read this part if you actually care about history, if not I won't bore you, you can skip to the next paragraph lol. The fire would be underneath of the actual oven. There would be a "pipe," which was really just a hole that led from the fire to the baking area. The part she would've been thrown into would've just been extremely hot, enough to give her server burns but would any kill her if she was in there for long enough. Since Toby was fast enough to take out Sweeney and the police showed up as it happened, Nellie would've been injured quite badly but lived as long as she was conscious. 

And this is how my poor, stupid brain works. This is gonna be rough, since I am jumping between their past, present an future and I have never written anything like this before. So, bear with me, every inch of feedback is extremely welcomed and I am so happy to be writing for people again so enjoy and don't kill me when shit happens. :)

~Enna