CHAPTER 4

"I don't know."

Rachel had the audacity to ask me a silly question. I didn't know what to say. So I made an excuse. "I forgot my purse at my house. I'll be right back." I sprint out Katie's house and start walking to my house. I grabbed my phone from my pocket, and as I was scrolling through social media, I bumped into someone. "Ow," I mumble, rubbing my head. I look at the person realizing it was Tom. "You should be careful," He says, his dark eyes staring into mine. "My bad." I apologize, I brush off my clothes and push past him. But, he grabs my arm and pulls me back. "Something wrong?" He asks, leaning in closer. My heart was racing, and my palms were sweaty. "No, I just... I forgot something at home." I reply nervously as he leans in even closer, the smell of his cologne fill my nostrils, making me dizzy. "Want me to join you?" He whispers in my ear, his breath cold. I didn't know what to do. I was torn between pushing him away and letting him join me. After a while, I finally made a choice. "Sure," I whisper back. He grins widely and takes a step back, allowing me to breathe. As we begin walking to my house, our shoulders brush against each other repeatedly. I looked over at him, his jaw was clenched, and he stood tall, shoulders straight and head high. "You have quite the intimidating figure." I say, my cheeks burning with realization. He looks over at me and chuckles. "You think so?" He asks darkly. I nod frantically. My knuckles were turning white from how hard I was gripping the hem of my skirt. "Did you really forget something at home, or did you just want to get some alone time away from your friends?" He questions, I looked at him, an eyebrow raised. "Are you stalking me?" I ask. He shakes his head and lets out a deep breath. "Just guessing." He shrugs. I let out a nervous chuckle, trying to ignore the cold breeze of the wind. "Cold, huh?" He smiles down at me. I looked at him with a sarcastic snarl. "No, I'm fine." I spat. He takes off his jacket and wraps it around me. "Are you trying to be romantic?" I ask, looking at him with a suspicious look.

"Maybe."

Jeeeez my fingers are hurting. ANYWAY, I hope this isn't cringe🙏🏼😭