~Chapter 5~

Ophelia's POV

Saturday. The day in which I get to spend the entirety of with Thea.

After dropping Thea off first, I had sped back to our house and gotten out of the truck at lightning speed. Orion and Bev didn't even have enough time to unbuckle although they quickly followed suit.

After a lot of insisting, I told them, and Hunter who had showed up a bit after, about what happened at the mall. I told them about being in the dressing room with her and getting Sonic and walking around for over an hour, laughing and having the best time.

What I didn't tell them about was that specific moment in the dressing room or the awkward silence that had followed. The way the air had shifted and changed during and after. How, before they got into the car, we had blasted the music to cover whatever had happened and to block out any thoughts about it.

They had told me not to worry about the extra time spent with her and if anything, it meant she was interested in at least being good friends. Although we already knew that part, and I wasn't about to ask about the dressing room.

So after a lot of consolation, ice cream, and a shitload of cleaning, which I had managed to rope everyone into, we had settled in to watch a movie for the night.

Now we arrive to today and all the nerves for what is to come have settled back into my stomach. It's currently 10:35am and I'm stressing the fuck out. For one, I'm scared of addressing what happened yesterday but I'm also scared of not addressing it. Two, I know Bev and Orion are going to be knuckleheads the whole time and I'm nervous they'll scare her off although she saw them in the car yesterday and they are always wild after school.

I'm actively double checking every surface to make sure there isn't a speck of dust. I'm sure I am going to do this at least another three times. Since mom is a nurse, she isn't around all the time and we have to keep the house clean, which isn't a problem unless Orion gets bored and decides to do dumb shit.

Bev, Orion, and Hunter sit on the couch probably scrolling Instagram or something. "Ophelia, you gotta stop this. She comes in an hour and 25 minutes, the house is all cleaned, your bedroom is organized to perfection, the rest of the house looks better than it has in for the last few years, you're good. Why don't you take a look at the notes you're going to be studying with her? That way you can have your questions, comments, concerns planned out and ready," Bev suggests, trying to get my mind off of worrying.

"Right, right. Good idea," I run upstairs to grab my school bag from my room before running back down and having a seat at the island. I lay out all of my stuff and try to focus on the few questions we will need to focus on.

After working on it for about 20 minutes, I finish working on finding what we need to focus on and turn back to my friends. "So, Mom's at the hospital for a 24 hour shift, what do you guys wanna do? Before Thea gets here, at least," I watch as they all finish up the videos they're on and set their phones down to listen to me.

"At this rate, I would suggest doing at least a shot to get your nerves settled," Orion looks at me concerned and Beverley glances at him, surprised.

"Wait, are you showing concern for your sister right now?"

Now it's Ry's turn to look at her with astonishment, "Ew, no. She just won't shut the fuck up about it and it's giving me a headache. And it's weird seeing her so wound up about someone," he shrugs like it's no big deal.

Hunter looks around before speaking up, "I kinda agree with him. I know we haven't been the closest until this year, but I haven't ever seen you this nervous about really anything before," he avoids eye contact as if he's ashamed and Bev nods in agreement with the boys.