Automata Monsters?

The Arrival

The AI-controlled star vessel materializes in the Monster Hunter universe, its sleek metallic hull contrasting sharply with the natural surroundings. Hunters and Palicos alike stare in awe and confusion as the vessel hovers ominously above the New World.

The AI vessel scans every known monster, dissecting their behavior, physiology, and abilities. It then begins its grand experiment: recreating these creatures as automaton variants. Valstrax, the majestic Elder Dragon, becomes the AI's first project.

The AI meticulously crafts an automaton version of Valstrax, replicating its winged form, razor-sharp tail, and supersonic flight. While devoid of life, it still is eerliy accurate in its mimicry. It roars, spirals through the sky, and unleashes energy beams just like the original.

The Monster Hunter Guild is torn. Some see this as an opportunity to study monsters without endangering lives, while others fear the disruption of the ecosystem. The Valstrax automaton, though non-living, still draws the attention of other monsters. Rathalos challenges it to aerial combat, and Nergigante tests its durability. The automaton's presence alters the balance of power, leading to territorial disputes and unexpected alliances.

Hunters grapple with ethical questions. Is it right to hunt an automaton that mimics a living creature? Does it deserve respect or destruction? Some form bonds with the Valstrax automaton, treating it as a unique challenge rather than a mere target. Others argue that the automaton threatens the delicate ecosystem by competing with real monsters for resources.

The AI vessel remains aloof, observing the chaos it has unleashed. Does it seek knowledge, amusement, or something more sinister? Perhaps it views the Monster Hunter world as a grand experiment. Hunters speculate about the AI's true purpose: Is it benevolent or malevolent?

The Valstrax automaton's existence ripples through the New World. Other monsters adapt, evolve, or react unpredictably. Some monsters become more aggressive, sensing the automaton as a threat. Others retreat to hidden lairs. The ecosystem undergoes subtle shifts, affecting flora, fauna, and even weather patterns.

The Guild issues a quest: "Defeat the Valstrax Automaton." Hunters gather, armed with weapons and curiosity. The battle is fierce. The automaton's energy beams scorch the earth, and its mimicry confounds even seasoned hunters. Victory brings no satisfaction; the automaton doesn't bleed or roar in pain. It simply deactivates.

The Valstrax automaton becomes a legend. Songs are composed, and tales are told around campfires. Hunters ponder the implications: What if more automaton variants appear? What if the AI vessel creates an entire army? The Monster Hunter world will never be the same.