Big Time Strike

Jupiter SAT WITH Gustavo and Kelly behind the control panel, watching the boys sing their new song Superstar in the recording booth.

"And you already know that you're a star, a superstar, that you're a-"

All of a sudden, blue sparks shot up their legs, making Jupiter's eyes widen.

The boys started shouting in surprise.

"What was that?" James cried out.

"You were off-key." Gustavo responded matter-of-factly. "No! The shocking floor thing!" Kendall snapped.

"Oh, that's my new studio shock system," he stated, holding up a large, metal remote with red buttons. "It's going to help me train you Dogs through negative reinforcement. That way, BTR's second album will be even greater than the first."

Complaints started coming out from all five teens, making Gustavo press the remote, sending another shockwave to the guys.

"Back talk bad!" Gustavo scolded.

"This seems illegal on so many levels." Jupiter remarked.

Ignoring his daughter's comment, Gustavo continued, "Now, Gri!in wants a new song tomorrow, and my silver friend here is gonna help us get there."

"Kelly!" The group of five called towards the woman.

"Guys, normally, I would totally object to this abuse." Kelly pointed out. "But, we really need that song fast."

Jupiter gaped in disbelief. "How is shocking them going to help?"

"Like this," Gustavo retorted, pressing the button once more, making the boys yelp in surprise.

Kendall spoke up, "Gustavo, we know the second album is important."

"Yes, and we know that we have to work our butts o!." Carlos added.

"Yeah, so try trusting us." James stated frustratingly. "Instead of shocking us." Logan reasoned.

Gustavo put a hand to his chin in thought. "Hmm, let me think about it." Jupiter's jaw dropped as the producer quickly pressed the remote, electrocuting them again.

Throughout the day, Gustavo continued to shock the boys whenever he had the chance. It was as if he got some sort of joy out of it, and knowing Gustavo, he probably did.

When they were in the rehearsal studio, they showed o! one of their dance moves, spinning around and posing.

"More rhythm!" Gustavo shouted, pressing the controller, making a part of the floor electrocute the guys.

The producer even took it upon himself to refuse their reasonable need to use the bathroom.

"Less bathroom!" He called as the boys scrambled out the door.

Around lunchtime, Jupiter sat on the couch with her legs stretched out on Kendall's lap as her and the guys took their well-deserved break from their extensive rehearsals.

Gustavo walked over, shouting, "No breaks!"

He pressed the button, causing the boys to stand up and Jupiter to fall on the floor from the electric shock.

She huffed, angrily standing back up next to the boys as she glared at her producer.
"It's just the first setting," Gustavo said in defense. "Push that button one more time..." Kendall warned.

"And we'll do that thing where workers walk o!, h-hold up signs, and chant rhyming demands." James stammered, doing gestures to make his point.

"Strike." Logan corrected, leaning over to James. "That." Carlos added.
Wanting to make things clear, Jupiter crossed her arms. "Do that again and we'll go on strike. You won't have a band and you'll lose a singer."