chapter 4 (Jungkook)

I lay back on the silk sheets, letting out a satisfied groan as the omega next to me nuzzled against my chest. What was her name again? Jessica? Jieun? Jina? Jisun? Didn't really matter - this was just a one-time fling anyway.

"Ready for round two, alpha?" she purred, tracing patterns over my abs.

Before I could respond, my phone started ringing again, that shrill tone grating on my last nerve. I shot her an apologetic look and grabbed it off the nightstand.

24 missed calls from Jin hyung. Shit.

"Everything okay, babe?" The woman propped herself up on one elbow.

"Yeah, just...give me a minute." I stepped out of bed and into the bathroom, shutting the door before she could follow. I quickly dialed Jin's number as I splashed some water on my face.

"There you are!" Jin's annoyed voice crackled over the line. "Where the hell have you been? The party started like an hour ago!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose. Of course - Jin hyung was throwing tonight and I'd completely forgotten after the mind-numbing lectures on business management.

Majoring in business was boring as hell, especially when I didn't actually need the degree. My family literally owned the university and I was going to be the next CEO whether I aced the classes or not. The assignments were pointless busy work.

"Sorry, hyung. I was...preoccupied," I said carefully. A giggle sounded from the other room, and I cringed. So much for being discreet.

"Ugh, spare me the details," Jin groaned. "Just get your ass over here before everyone starts -"

"Starts what?" A new voice cut him off. It was Namjoon. "Is that Jungkook on the line?"

I heard a scuffle, then Namjoon's voice filled my ear. "Yah! Prince Jungkook! Why aren't you gracing us with your presence yet?"

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. Just because my family was loaded didn't make me a real prince. "Look, I got a little held up, but I'm on my way right now."

Another giggle drifted through the bathroom door. Didn't this chick understand one-night stands?

"Everything okay over there, your highness?" Namjoon asked with amusement.

"Yeah, it's fine. I gotta go, I'll be there soon." I ended the call and left the bathroom, bracing myself before rejoining the woman.

She sat up with the sheet pooled around her waist, pouting at me sultrily. "Who were you talking to, alpha?"

I suppressed an eye roll at the obvious attempt to act meek and innocent. Yeah, right. "No one important. Look, this was fun but I've got somewhere to be." I bent to retrieve my clothes from the floor.

"Wait, you're leaving already?" She frowned, the fake sweetness melting into irritation. "Don't you want another round before you go?"

"I really can't," I said firmly, tugging my pants back on. "This was a one-time thing. I thought I made that clear."

She let out a derisive scoff. "Oh, so you think you're too good for me now that you got what you wanted? Typical arrogant alpha."

I turned to face her, one brow raised coolly. "Don't start with that crap. Just get dressed and get out."

The momentary shock on her face quickly morphed into fury. "You arrogant asshole!" She snatched up her clothes and began dressing in an angry whirlwind.

I shrugged impassively, slipping my shirt over my head. "Don't act so surprised. I warned you this was casual."

She shoved her feet into her heels and stormed toward the door. "Don't worry, I'm never laying eyes on you again, asshole!" The door slammed behind her with a resonating bang.

I rolled my eyes as I finished getting ready.

The thing is, I'd spent my whole day being responsible - sitting through those mind-numbing business lectures, hitting the gym, even stopping for a healthy meal at that posh sushi place after my workout. I deserved to let loose for once.

The sushi manager had been hot and clearly interested, so I took her home for a fling. But now playtime's over - I had a party to attend.

Shrugging into my jacket, I hurried out the door and down to my car. Jin was going to bust my balls for being so late.

I floored the gas pedal, tires squealing against the pavement as I tore out of the parking garage. If I got pulled over for speeding, oh well - I could just flash my family's name and get out of it. Perks of being stupid rich.

The drive seemed to take forever, but I finally rolled up to jin's place, the music vibrating the ground. Here we go...

showtime.