Chapter 9-

She never mentions her mother unless she's scared and wants her mom comforting her.

"You don't have to. You have a room here just stay the night." I told Tinsley now cradling her like a child.
"I know, it's just my father will bust in here if I'm not home in a few minutes."
"it's okay." I did the usual comforting routine and she soon fell asleep again. I think that just calms her down enough to put her asleep.
I couldn't move, she would wake up. I went to reach for the blanket, so I could lay down, but couldn't reach. eh. We'll just go without. I thought. I laid down and soon fell asleep.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••"They're so cute. How could you stop them?" I heard mom say, but kept my eyelids closed so I could eavesdrop plus Tinsley was still sleeping.
"I don't want my little girl to-" crap her father is here.
"Don't you dare say that you're worried she's gonna get hurt. If look at the way he looks at her. He doesn't have anger issues, not bipolar, or anything else that involves him hurting her. Dru loves her too much. You just wait. They don't have any other friends. They've always been together. Don't ruin it after 14 years. Plus it Christmas! You being a-a jerk will ruin it." Wow mom had some sass.
"Let's go look at them on the couch." crap crap crap crap. They're coming.
"They've been doing that since her mom died. Everytime she's upset he comforts her like that. And it's always her idea." Thanks mom. Wait how did she know? Oh well.
"That was 7 years ago it should've stopped at least a year afterwards." Oh heck naw. I opened my eyes and got up without waking Tinsley.
"Realy?! She should be over her mother's death by now? Mrs.Molly died the day before Tinsley's first dance recital! The day after her 7th birthday and a week before Christmas when y'all were supposed to go to Disney world. In stead of her mother watching her dance on stage for the first time in the crowd she had to watch from heaven. Remember when her group left the stage I had to go backstage and calm her down cause there were two empty seats that were reserved for her parents? Oh wait you don't CAUSE YOU WASNT THERE! Oh and the day y'all were supposed to leave for Disney and instead of going she went to my house and I took care of her? Nope. You weren't there either! SHE HAD TO SPEND CHRISTMAS HERE!! This spot right where I'm standing is where she broke down crying when she opened her presents. Where were you? The recital, Disney trip, and Christmas. The things she loves the most and you wasn't there. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY SHE NEEDS TO GET OVER HER MOTHER'S DEATH!!" I never cry in front of people but at this point I couldn't help it.
Mr.Carpenter just stood there looking dumbstruck. I heard a ruffling behind.
"Dru. Where? Dru!" I turned around to see Tinsley shaking. I squatted down to her level and she hugged my next. I lost my balance and fell backwards pulling her with me.
"Well Dru. Goodbye." Mr.carpenter said then left.
"Hey tin, I need to get up." I told her when mom left the room.
"Why?" She said giving me her mischievous smile.
"Cause I have to pee. And I'll make you some food." I told her and she got up immediately.
Whenever I got done I went to the kitchen to see her reading her phone. She looked up and then walked out the house.