Chapter 2

Peter walked to his locker and stuffed his backpack into it and closed the locker. He leaned his head against his locker in depression. God, why is life so difficult...? He thought. I wish I was... huh? He noticed a girl the same age as him from afar putting her journals in her locker a few lockers away from Peter. Peter's chest began to flutter. He started to sweat with anxiety. Sarah K. Morland... He thought, staring with nervousness. Oh my God... Sarah K. Morland was the new girl in town. Though she is a teenager, she lives alone in the same neighborhood as Peter. She's as dumb as a brick but is really sweet and down-to-Earth to everyone around her. She's also a bit naive. She is very beautiful and has been described by Z as a "completely sexy bitch I'd wanna fuck over and over again."

Sarah had blonde hair and wore a black midriff baring shirt with long sleeves, a green bellybutton ring shaped like an hourglass (a clear product of the Corporation) and blue low-rise jeans. Peter stared at her not knowing what to do.

"You gonna talk to her, Dr. Lover boy?" Hogarth said, suddenly standing next to Peter.

"Shut up, Hogarth." Peter muttered, pushing Hogarth away from him. "Give me a break, okay? You know me. I don't know how to talk to girls. I'd just embarrass myself, so what the hell is the point? I just don't know what to do..."

"I do." Hogarth said. "Hey, Sarah!" He got Sarah's attention. "Lover boy here wants to take you out on a-"

"Get lost, asshole! Just go!" Peter snapped, pushing an arrogant Hogarth away. "Just go!"

"Whatever, man." Hogarth said, walking away. He didn't realize what he just did. Sarah began to walk up to Peter with a smile on her face.

"Hi, Peter!" Sarah said cheerfully. "How are you today?"

"Uh............. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood..... You...?" Peter mumbled nervously. That just made Sarah giggle.

"Oh, I'm doing all right." She said with a pretty smile. "I'm just getting ready for the day at school."

"Yeah, but....... Don't you need your journal for school.....?" Peter said awkwardly. "You.........put your journal in your locker. Don't you.......need it?"

"What do you mean?" Sarah asked. "I thought it was lunch time?"

"Noooo... Lunch is 6th period." Peter said shyly. "You know.......... 6TH period.... That's when we eat lunch. School literally just started...... It's morning."

"I'm confused...." Sarah said, tilting her head. "I thought 6th period was when school started."

WHAT? Peter thought. I....... Oh whatever, she's too cute to be mad at. Sarah stared at Peter.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "You look kind of............white."

That clearly didn't come out right. Peter thought. Then, he spoke, "So, are you a bit worried about the Hourglass coming up? It's in a few days."

"Oh, I'm not too worried about it." Sarah said. "I have a basement and Lycanthrope locks for the event. I'll be perfectly fine."

Man, she's awfully optimistic if she's gonna talk like this knowing of such an event. Peter thought. Then, his face suddenly sunk to sadness.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sarah asked. "What's wrong, Peter?"

"I'm just a bit worried about the Hourglass." Peter admitted. "What happens if a werewolf breaks into my house? What if the locks the Corporation gave us are useless? What then...?"

"Hey, you'll be okay." Sarah said, putting a hand on Peter's shoulder. "The Hourglass is just meant to get rid of the possibility that the virus is still out there. You're gonna be fine. I promise you that."