Chapter 5

Peter remained asleep and it is still dark out. The time is 1:50 am. Peter finally dozed off into dreamland. He dreamed he was running through a golden field of grass, feeling free like the wind and happy for once. "Ha ha, whooo-hoooo!" He cheered happily. "Yeaaah!! No more worries! No more care! No more asshole family members! No more............... Werewolves?!" He suddenly found himself surrounded by werewolves. "No, no! Noooo!" Peter cried, as the werewolves jumped onto him.

"Gah!" Peter yelped, jolting up from bed. He started feeling panicky again. Okay, remember what Mom said. He thought to himself. Several deep breathes. He took several deep breathes and finally started calming down. He fell onto his bed, tired and exhausted. Tomorrow's the Hourglass... He thought. And this Hourglass is just as frightening as Days of Our Lives... Can't fucking wait...

The next morning (the beginning of the Hourglass)...

Peter got up from bed, went downstairs, and ate breakfast with Cassidy and Hogarth.

"What happened last night?" Hogarth asked.

"Don't worry about it. Just eat." James said, yawning. Hogarth rolled his eyes and continued eating his eggs. Peter was clearly tired as heck. He didn't utter a word.

"Peter, are you okay?" Cassidy asked. Peter didn't respond. "Peter?"

"Give him some time. He had an episode last night." James said. Cassidy nodded and continued eating.

"Sorry, everyone..." Peter said with a somewhat scratchy voice. "Just tired and worried."

"You shouldn't be." Hogarth said. "You're here and alive. Nothing is happening."

"What do you think begins tonight, Hogarth?" Peter said.

"Peter, we're gonna be in the basement the whole time." Hogarth said. "We're gonna be okay."

"Whatever, man..." Peter yawned. "Just forget what I said... I need to eat..."

"Okaaay." Hogarth said. Peter flipped him off from under the table.

Later...

Peter took a walk alongside the Dark Woods. He still wondered who was lurking within the woods. He still believes it could be a person. Or anything else. He stopped in his tracks and looked through the gate.

"Hello?" He called out. "Anyone in there? No one's supposed to be in the Dark Woods, you know." No response. What the hell...? He thought. I swear there's something in those damned woods.

Suddenly, a piece of paper flew over the gate and landed on Peter's feet. What is this? Peter thought, picking up the paper. He read the inscription on it,

"Never tell anyone of my whereabouts. You will be killed by the Corporate savages."

"Hello?!" Peter called out, pounding on the gate. "Show yourself! Are you a rebel? Are you TRYING to get us killed?!" No answer. "What the hell is going on??" Peter said to himself. "I.........I'm so confused." He then continued walking along the sidewalk.

Later...

James called Peter and Peter returned home. He did a few chores and then sat at the kitchen table and typed a few short stories on his phone. He wanted to be an author when he goes to college, but worried it would never work out so he practiced writing on his phone.