Part 5

Babe didn't know the address of Charlie's client and yet something was guiding him towards it. He parked and walked to the intercoms.

There was a Mr. Smith. He remembered Charlie telling him about it.

Babe touched his belly.

It was definitely the babies that led him there. They had some special sense to track down their papa.

- you did great - Babe said, caressing his belly. - now let's go save Papa -

He entered the building and went up the stairs to the floor where Mr. Smith's apartment was. He found the door and knocked. Mister Smith opened it and looked at it.

- Hi, I'm Charlie's boyfriend. I came to get him - said Babe in a calm tone.

- Hello, Charlie has just finished - replied Mister Smith.

Babe didn't like the man. He gave him bad vibes.

Babe looked in and saw Charlie picking up his bag. Their eyes met and he immediately understood that something was strange.

- what did you do to my boyfriend? - asked babe a Mister Smith.

"I don't know what you're talking about," replied Mr. Smith.

- don't make fun of me. I know Charlie and he's not the same as when he left the house," said Babe furiously. - I repeat, what did you do to my boyfriend? -

"I think you have some anger and imagination problems, boy" replied Mr. Smith.

Babe grabbed him by the collar and Charlie intervened.

- Babe, let's go. It's not worth it" said Charlie touching his arm.

Babe looked at Charlie and then at the man.

"You're really lucky that Charlie is too good to people" said Babe letting him go.

He took Charlie's bag and slung it over his shoulder.

- let's go, Charlie -

Charlie nodded and took the hand Babe held out to him.

Mister Smith watched the couple walk away.

"It doesn't end here, Charlie," thought the man.

Babe and Charlie got into the car.

Charlie was strangely quiet and Babe confirmed that something was up.

- what happened? - asked Babe worriedly.

- nothing, P- replied Charlie lying.

- Charlie, I know you too well. I know when you hide things from me- said Babe.

He reached out to his head and stroked it.

- tell me what happened. Don't keep me out -

-everything was going well, Mister Smith complimented me and told me that I could make more money by introducing myself to his friends. I thanked him for his kindness but he said that I had to be nice and condescending to him and to be friends with him - said Charlie. - and he touched my arm in a way I didn't like-

Babe's eyes widened.

I'll kill that bastard, Babe thought furiously, putting his hands on the handle.

"That's not all," said Charlie.

- What? What else did that pig do? - asked Babe worriedly.

- I was leaving and he said there was a need to act precious - replied Charlie. - We both know that you are used to these agreements. You slept with pit babe for a car and you continue to be his little bitch-