Chapter Five

Alastor knocked on the front door of the Hazbin Hotel.

The doors swung open with Charlie popping out of the doorframe. "Oh! Alastor! Glad you're back...?" She paused, looking behind him for a smaller figure to show himself. "Uh, where's my dad?" She looked up at the red clad demon with worry.

Alastor smiled reassuringly at the princess. "Oh don't worry, dear... Lucifer simply didn't want to travel here alongside me, so he took off as we departed the store," he said, studying Charlie's expression.

Vaggie suddenly appeared behind her girlfriend. "What's going on?" She asked Charlie, whose expression was blank.

"My dad is somewhere in the city. We have to go find him!" Charlie told her girlfriend. Vaggie raised an eyebrow. "Find him? Hon, he's the King of Hell. I don't think he'll have much issue defending himself."

Charlie sighed. "What if he gets lost? I don't want to risk it. Come on, we gotta go!" She exclaimed, pulling on Vaggie's arm, tugging her along. "Babe, the hotel is on a hill overlooking the whole city! He can just fly up and— okay, okay, fine, we'll look for him." She caved after seeing Charlie's puppy-dog eyes.

Alastor's eyelids relaxed slightly, and he sighed as he leaned forward against his staff. Niffty took a few grocery bags from his arm; Alastor threw the remaining bags at Angel Dust, who was lounging on the couch watching TV.

"Ow! Hey!" Angel yelled, glaring at the Radio Demon. Alastor simply flashed his radio-dial eyes as a warning, which shut the pornstar up immediately.

"Alrighty, then! I will remain here in the lobby in case anyone needs me," Alastor concluded, then quickly turned on his heel away from the girls. Once he was out of sight, Alastor decided to give Lucifer's room a visit, assuming the King would have returned there for privacy.

I do hope he accepts a visitor, Alastor thought internally as he teleported outside the room.

Alastor's eyes widened at the sound of sobbing from behind the door. His ears twitched anxiously as he slowly tiptoed towards the door, listening for any other sounds. Shit... He thought, then hesitated before knocking quietly and mentally bracing himself.

Lucifer, who was nearly passed out on his bed, almost choked and shot up. The knock had startled him.

He quickly rushed up, throwing his coat on a hanger and hat over the rack, then checked himself in his mirror. His eyes were bloodshot, red, and puffy— tears were still streaming down his cheeks. His hair was in disarray, and his clothing was wrinkled. He sighed. It might just be Charlie coming to check up on me.... I hope.

Placing his hand on the doorknob, he slowly turned it and opened the door. He gaped at the figure standing before him in disbelief.

Alastor smiled awkwardly at Lucifer, quickly noticing his state. He smiled widely, tilting his head slightly to the side. "Hello, dear! Are you busy at the moment?" Alastor said loudly in his radio host voice.

Lucifer growled a little, then slammed the door shut. Well, almost. Alastor had put his foot in between the door and doorframe, which promptly stopped it from closing. This made him more angry. "I'm not in the mood, busboy." He snapped, his eyes morphing into his demon form.

Alastor chuckled lightly. "I'm well aware of your current... dilemma, which is why I am here to lighten the mood," Alastor explained, taking a step into Lucifer's room.

"Oh, sure, because that's what the 'Radio Demon' is known for: lightening the mood!" Lucifer spat, more animated than usual.

"Hmm," Alastor started, leaning down towards the King, "I understand I can be quite threatening, which is wise of you to acknowledge, but I truly am here to check in on your current state. You seem to be..." he paused, scanning Lucifer up and down, "Disoriented, to say the least." Alastor concluded matter-of-factly.