save me pt. 2

Male reader as Dante Caddel
__________

No matter how good he slept, something annoying always woke Dante up.

What was that fucking beeping? It definitely wasn't his alarm clock...

Wait a minute. He didn't remember going to bed.. Dante didn't even remember getting home.

His eyes suddenly fluttered open, only to close again as the bright light from the ceiling hit him.

"Shit... The fuck?"

"Oh thank God you're awake"

Darting his eyes to the left, he saw blue eyes staring back at him.

"Hi..." The redhead smiled softly at him, but her eyes still looked to contain worry. "How are you feeling?"

Dante had the most confused look on his face. What the actual fuck was going on? Why was Sadie Sink beside him? What happened-

It then came back to him.

So that hit didn't kill him... Bummer.

"I'm really sorry..." Sadie spoke again. "i didn't see you.. the one time I take my eyes off the road"

"You... You ran me over?" Dante asked.

"She did, but she immediately brought you here" the nurse on the other side of the room spoke up. "You were hit pretty hard and broke your right arm.. and might have suffered a concussion. But that aside that, you're fine"

Dante's eyes slowly went down to see that his right arm was indeed in a cast.

"How long have I been unconscious?" Dante asked.

"About two hours" the nurse replied as she looked him over. "Your girlfriend's been sitting here and didn't want to leave till you were awake"

His what?!

Dante's eyes widened and shot to Sadie who giggled a little at his facial expression. Before she could say anything however-

"WHERE IS HE?!"

Dante froze. He'd know that voice anywhere.

"Is he in here-" The door suddenly opened, revealing none other than Maverick – still in the blue vest.  "Dante!"

"Aye, Mav" Dante threw up two fingers and smiled at his best friend as if he wasn't currently laying in a hospital bed with a broken arm"

"Who the fuck did this-" Maverick's eyes then landed on the ginger sitting next to Dante. "You!"

"I'm sorry-"

"SORRY?!" Maverick walked up to her.

"Maverick, it's fine" Dante sighed. He knew what was coming.

"Fine??" Maverick raised an eyebrow. "Your arm's in a fucking cast!"

"I'm still alive!"

"Yeah, just barely!"

Sadie and the nurse's eyes darted between the two boys as they exchanged words. Sadie had gone through Dante's phone after bringing him here, looking for a number to call, but no one answered until she decided to try Maverick's number and the second he heard Dante had gotten hit, he disconnected and basically sprinted to the hospital. Once the women's eyes met, they nonverbally communicated.

'men can be so extra'

"And as for you, Annie!" Maverick finally turned back to Sadie. "I don't know who you think you are, SaDiE, but you are not getting away with almost flattening my boy! The kid just peacefully wanted to go home and get some fucking sleep.. but nooooo, you had to run him over! What did he ever do to you? I know you redheads are always mad about the pettiest shit..."