Part 1

August 4th, 2007. First day of Senior year.

I woke up at 6:30 to my alarm going off. I got up and walked towards my closet. I grabbed a dark blue plaid shirt, a light gray tank top shirt, light blue jeans, and white socks. After I got dressed, I put on some black sneakers and walked to my full-length mirror to see how I looked.

"Ok, Ronny. The first day in your new school, you got this. You got this." I said to myself before heading downstairs.

When I went downstairs, I noticed that my mom wasn't there. Maybe she's still getting ready for her first day at her new job. I did notice a bunch of coffee cups scattered around the kitchen, so perhaps she didn't have much sleep yesterday.

I made myself a quick breakfast and some for mom once she's done getting dressed. And just as I placed her plate on the table, she walked down the stairs, worrying about her outfit as always.

"So, how do I look, Ronny?" My mom asked.

"You look good, mom. I bet you're going to be the greatest detective in all of Sherwood." I told her.

"Yeah. Detective Veronica Sawyer at your service." My mom awkwardly said.

"Don't worry, mom. You're gonna do great. I believe in you." I said to her.

"Thanks, Ronny. I needed that." My mom said as she hugged me. "Now, go eat. Your aunt will be here soon to pick you up, ok?"

"Ok."

After we ate our breakfast, my aunt, Victoria Barton, came to pick me up. She's roughly a couple of months younger than me and I guess that bothers her because she barely wants to talk to me. But I'm gonna go to her same school and she will, hopefully, be my guide there. My mom gave me a really long hug before I got into Victoria's car.

"Ok, Ronny. Remember that I'll come to pick you up after school." My mom said as she kissed me on the forehead.

"I know, mom."

"And remember that if a three-member group asks you to join them, you immediately reject their offer, ok?" My mom reminded me.

"Yes, mom. I know."

"And if-" My mom started saying before being cut off by Victoria.

"Hey, sis. He gets it. You didn't raise an idiot. Now, get in loser. I don't want to miss the cute cheerleaders." Victoria said to me and my mom.

I got in the car and sat on the passenger's seat. My mom walked up to my aunt and started talking to her. I could barely hear what they were saying, but this is what I managed to understand:

"What do you want, sis?" Victoria asked my mom.

"I need you to keep an eye on your nephew, ok, Vic?" My mom requested.

"And if I don't?"

"If you don't, I can get you arrested for underage drinking and smoking." My mom casually said while flashing her police badge at her.

"You did much worse back in your day," Victoria replied with a scoff.

"That was a different time. So, will you look after my son?"

"Fine! I'll look after your stupid son, sis!"

"He has a higher GPA than you, Vic."

"Fuck off, sis!" Victoria said before driving off like a maniac.

We arrived at the same school that my mom went to in the late '80s, Westerburg High. I was surprised that I managed to get there alive since Victoria practically ignored most, if not all, of the traffic laws and was going over the speed limit the whole way.