Prologue

Prologue

[Japan – 1542]

In a town in the Province of Mino he was in a horrible situation.

The leader of the Oda clan named Nobuhide Oda, was confronting Saito Dosan, another feudal lord in northern Mino.

In the midst of this war, the city had nothing to do with the interests of the feudal lords.

The city was devastated, it was possible to visualize an inferno that would not go out.

In the middle of this hell was a boy with reddish hair and golden eyes looking at the dead bodies of his parents as well as his friends and family where he surely shared some moment with them in his little life.

The war was now in its final stages.

Oda Nobuhide and Saito Dosan didn't give up.

Surely there would come a time when he stopped, neither of them had achieved anything good. They had more losses than benefits.

"Destiny?" The boy stared with his dead eyes without shedding any tears at the dead bodies of the people who are or were important to him. "You talked to me a lot about it, Mom. And now I'm conflicted about that... is this my destiny? Lose you? Living in disgrace? Or... is my fate cursed?"

He let out a slight laugh.

"I guess it's the latter..." He took his gaze to the night sky, glowing the red color of the flames. "I saw it, Mom... I saw my future... and how it ended. Alone, in a house with a desire to forge a sword that is impossible to forge... did I say impossible?" he let out another light laugh. "It's not impossible... but it will still take another life to achieve it... but no longer as a human, but as a Pseudo-Servant... Did you know, Mom? there is the supernatural... the scary stories you told me years ago..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Yes, they exist.

[2 days later]

Oda Nobuhide was returning to his homeland, Owari.

He carried with him, war slaves who survived his battle with Saito Dosan.

The commoners of that land had no choice but to become slaves of the Oda Clan.

Now the new slaves were walking barefoot along the horrible stone road where they groaned in pain because they could no longer endure this horrible treatment, they would not let him rest and they were treated like animals instead of humans.

It was 2 days without eating, without drinking water and without resting to fulfill Oda Nobuhide's goal, to reach his homeland.

Among the slaves who were bound with a strong rope was the reddish boy walking, looking at the rocky ground.

"I'm hungry, thirsty and sleepy. And this feudal lord didn't allow anyone to sleep at least. Even his vassals complained in whispers of this action."

The reddish boy thought with a grimace.

I could only hope that they would get to the land of Owari faster to at least sleep.

"Oda-sama! We're almost there, I think we're 30 minutes away."

Said a vassal who approached Oda Nobuhide.

"Let it be less."

Oda Nobuhide said.

"But..."

Oda Nobuhide gave the signal to move faster, the slaves reluctantly had to speed up their walk and not be dragged away for the remainder of the journey.