Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The whole place was desolate, just dead earth spreading out all over this place where two children were fighting.

Crack

Senji's head was buried in the ground with the other child's hand still exerting pressure so that he would not escape. The strength of that child was huge, he had no way to continue fighting for long. He had already used what his uncle taught him to fight and they were still beating him.

"When they said that the enemy is oneself, I didn't expect it to be literally."

Senji was fighting with someone almost identical to him.

But this entity has black eyes and white pupils and was beating him without any difficulty. And I couldn't find a way to beat him.

"Who are you really?"

Senji decided to ask to buy time and regain some energy.

"... Hmpf. I am the [Kagutsuchi Blood], the blood that is guilty of the cursed weapons of your lineage, little Muramasa."

"My father told me the history of my Clan and also that one day that blood will awaken. And most importantly, I didn't allow that blood to control me."

"Your father is right... But the truth is that I have no interest in taking control of your body and doing heinous acts like it was in the past."

Really? And then why did you start attacking me."

"I just wanted to test if you're able to hold on, and he has. You were trained like a warrior, right?"

Senji sighed and then spoke. "You're a little right, but I was trained to become a blacksmith."

"At 10 years old?" [Kagutsuchi Blood's] eyes widened in surprise, he hadn't imagined that he was trained to be a blacksmith.

"Yes." Senji could understand his confusion.

"... See... Now I understand a little bit where your strength and grip comes from. A normal child could not be enduring forced labor such as blacksmithing as an adult does."

"My uncle was the one who trained us all to do it."

"Seems perfect for that..."

"Perfect? What are you talking about."

"A duality. If I were the only one, I would unleash your wild side and wipe out all the people around you. Therefore... Let's try to merge into one. This way, you'll avoid falling into a side of madness and control the power that runs through my veins. Also, you will inherit the curse that resides in weapons, so I would recommend training that before forging swords for someone."

"... Okay, I take the deal." He resigned himself to fighting against him and letting himself be carried away by the current of whatever may happen in the future.

Senji stretched out his hand to shake with the [Kagutsuchi Blood].

"And one last thing..."

Senji nodded.

"From now on, society may see you as a monster."

Before I asked him why, he had woken up.

The [Kagutsuchi Blood] saw that place rise up in an endless fire.

"Heh. Now it looks like an oven... I hope this is the last generation with cursed blood. I forgot to tell him that his attitude may have a change... I don't think he cares much about being a lover of fights."

[Senji Muramasa's Room]

"What do you mean by the latter."

"Senji-nii at last! ... you woke up..."