Chapter 2

Beep beep beep beep. Ughhh I roll over and slam my fist on the snooze button.

I. Hate. Mornings. I crawled out of bed and got dressed.

I breathed out and looked in the mirror. My new life starts today.

I strolled into the bathroom and put on minimal makeup and brushed my hair. I got out my straightening iron and straightened my hair.

Ding dong ding dong. I jumped and accidentally burned my ear.

"Owww" I yelled

Ding dong ding dong

"Come in" I yell really loud

The door opened and the boy comes upstairs to my room.

"Hi, I'm Lily's son, Lucas"

"Oh yeah, hi I'm Maddi"

He looked gorgeous. He had dark blonde hair and greeny blue eyes.

I think I was staring a bit too long because he suddenly picked up my bags and walked to his car.

I picked up the rest of my bags and followed him out. I was sad to leave but I had said my goodbyes yesterday.

I stepped outside and locked the door. I placed the key in my backpack and strolled over to his car.

"So how long is the ride to your house"

"5 hours" he smirked

"5 hours?" I said my jaw dropping open.

He chuckled "you can dump your bags in the back"

"Gruel"

"Gruel?"

"Wow, I meant to say cool and also great at the same time and it just came out is gruel"

He chuckled again. I threw my crap in the back and turned to face Lucas.

"So, you ready to go"

"Yup" I smiled

"Gruel" he laughed

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

About an hour into the trip I decided to make convo.

"So, as I'll be living with your family I should get to know stuff about them, like do you have any siblings"

Lucas stiffened and remained silent

"What's wrong with your family?"

Even though the Lily was my mothers best friend, I never met her family or never anything about them

"Well" he began slowly "I have 10 siblings"

"Oh that's not that bad, I'll have a lot of friends" I said with a smile

"They're all boys"