~Family Isn't Always Blood~

Background info:

Tamara has moved out and lives with friends.
Her and Lucy are still very close.
Lucy worries Tamara isn't safe but doesn't want to ask questions in case it makes Tamara feel she isn't trusted.
Lucy is overprotective of Tamara after what happened to herself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week ago, Lucy had helped Tamara move out of her apartment. Tamara and her friends had found a nice house for them to live in.

Lucy was a bit worried about the idea of Tamara not being in her home. She knew Tamara was responsible but knowing that she was moving in with her friends somewhere that wasn’t near her it had her worried. 

She didn't want to tell Tamara because Lucy wanted Tamara to know that she trusts her.

Lucy hadn’t been in Tamara’s room since they moved all her stuff out. She feels if she takes one look in the empty room it will flood back memories from when she came home to Jacksons empty room. She wasn’t ready for that pain yet.

This morning, Lucy had done her usual, get up and dressed, make coffee and head to the station for her shift. It was the same day in, day out. The only time things would change is if Tim was home.

Lately, Tim had been put on night shifts. They didn’t get to see each other much but they made it work the best they could.

Today felt different though. Today felt dark. Lucy had a feeling as if something bad was due to happen. When? She wasn’t too sure.

As she entered the station she had gotten a text message from Tamara. ”Hey Lucy. I just want you to know that I'm safe. My friends and I are hanging about in the apartment today but I'll update you later if anything x.” Tamara would do this on the daily. She knew that Lucy worries about her so she messages to keep Lucy in a loop on what she's up to each day. It made Lucy feel happy knowing that she was okay. Tamara was like a sister to her so knowing that, she would always prioritise Tamara before herself.

After roll call, Lucy was placed with Celina to go out on patrol. Celina and Lucy grab their war bags and head to the shop.

“You know. Ever since I came over to you this morning, I’ve been getting a dark aura. Now I know Nolan doesn’t want to put my superstitions out there but you should just be careful.” Celina says as she gets in the shop.

Lucy stares at Celina in disbelief.

“I felt that too. I thought it was just me being over my head because of my bottle up pain after Tamara moved out. I haven’t come to terms with that yet.” Lucy says.

Celina and Lucy get in the shop and leave the station. Not a word was said.

So far, not much has happened. It has been over 3 hours. Lucy and Celina met up with the others for lunch. Lucy had sat down at a table with Tim and discussed the feeling she had this morning. Tim isn’t a superstitious guy but he did the best he could to understand Lucy.

“Hey Lucy.” Nolan says as he walks over to the table. “Celina told me about a dark aura over you. I’m sorry about her. I've told her numerous times to keep her auras and that kind of crap off the job but sometimes she thinks aloud and-” Lucy stopped him.

“It’s totally fine. I’ve got it all handled, you just focus on your side of the job she was assigned to me so I'll keep an eye out on her.”

Nolan nodded his head and walked off.

After lunch, everyone went back on patrol as normal.

One hour went by, no reports.

Two hours, radio silent.