5: My Own Steel

i watched as the head rolled onto the floor, and it was mumbling something, something that sounded like his head and body was crumbling and dissappearing.

i put my sword back into it's holder and looked at the demon.

tanjiro and i always had a lot of empathy for everything.

i went closer and picked it's hand holding it, and it held me back, it was sad, even the demon started crying before fading away never to be seen again.

"God, please, next time this man is reborn, make sure he doesen't turn into a demon." i said

before he disappeared fully

"sabito, makomo, you two can rest now, all of you."

then i started running again and found myself being chased by a demon, then i stopped jumped and swung my sword beheading it.

then continued my journey... as i was running into the woods trying to make it back to final selection i felt someting.. i had a feeling the i suddenly saw a demon run through the trees from the right to the left in front of me. it was being chased by this girl i saw i couldn't see her face but i knew she was a demon slayer because of her clothes, but, i had a strange feeling, something that reminded me of my sibling.. my older sibling.... my sister... an odd feeling.

like i said i couldn't see her face because the wore a kitsu mask like us that covered half her face. and she had black hair, tied as a ponytail. and she wore a mint green haori. this is all i can see because the trees caused a lot of shadow i could barely see anything.

she beheaded the demon and when i ran her direction she dissapeared, it was odd because i didn't see such a girl in final selection, or, maybe it was because she was somewhere in the crowd so i didn't see her at all. i thought to myself as i continued running seeing some wisteria trees a mile away.

"i.. am.. back!!..."  i mumbled as i ran towards the trees

it took me a minute to make it back, before i knew it i was already climbing the stairs then i saw tanjiro again.

"Tanjiro!!!" i yelled

"Ayame!!!" he yelled back as we hugged eachother

"w-we broke our kitsu masks, is that bad?" i asked relizing tanjiro's mask was also gone

"yeah idk, if it is bad or not but i had to fight this demon okay? it was huge !" tanjiro said moving his arms while explaining.

"i, see, well would you believe i also killed a giant demon? as big as yours?" i said

tanjiro looked confused explaining that the demon kept whining about urokodaki,

"i guess urokodaki caught two demons?" i said

we continued walking up the stairs and stood there looking around

the only people there who survived was

Me, Tanjiro,the butterfly girl, the boy with yellow french fry hair, and the other scar faced boy, and the other girl that i saw behead that demon earlier.

"just six of us?! there was at least twenty!" me and tanjiro said in the same time

i didn't see that guy there either, i thought

i looked at the yellow hair boy watching his lips as he mumbled under his breath

"i'm gonna die, i'm a gonner, even if i survive now i'm gonna die in the end anyway," he said mumbling.

-welcome back-

-welcome back-

we turned our heads facing the two girls we saw a week ago.