Dependency

I noticed while I watched a Hazbin Hotel compilation....someone commented about "do it for yourself" when Vaggie was going on about being Charlie's armor and dedicating her entire life to protect Charlie.

That's gotten me thinking, Vaggie is almost like a mature version of Pearl from Steven Universe.

Since Vaggie was dying in the alleyway when Lute took out her eye and ripped off her old wings, she lost her original purpose as an Exorcist due to what she was created for.

When Charlie found her and nursed her back to health along with becoming a couple. 

Due to this, Vaggie dedicated her life to protecting Charlie and her dreams along with protecting everyone else but doesn't do anything for herself. 

She does take care of herself but according to Husk, Vaggie hates herself and doesn't want to think about herself. 

She sort of views herself as a guard, a former Exorcist angel, Charlie's girlfriend  and nothing more. 

Similar to Pearl's case when she gave her life to serve for Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz, and when she disappeared she lost her purpose as a pearl but gained a new purpose to look after Steven. 

Vaggie might be going through the same dependency. 

And if something were to happen to Charlie or the hotel, Vaggie would lose her purpose.