Will we still be best friends?

*Skid was sitting alone on the roof looking in the distance....he seemed to have a troubled expression until he heard someone open the door and walk towards him* 

"Hey Skid? Are you doing okay?"

*It was Pump....he sits next to him with a concerned expression* 

"Ever since our fight with one of the glitched out people....you've been kinda down....would you like to talk about it?"

*Skid turns to Pump before sighing* 

"I have a very important question to ask....please....please be honest with me...."

"Of course....I never lie to you."

*Skid takes a deep breath before making eye contact with him* 

"....If we do graduate from high school together after we grow up....and face the world....and we still celebrate Spooky Month....*sighs*....will we still be best friends?"

*This question made Pump's eyes widen....Skid has never been concerned about their friendship before....he puts a hand on Skid's shoulder*

"What are you talking about? Of course we will! We've been very close since we were babies! What made you want to ask that?"

"Pump....ever since we accidentally got hit by that Gift power....that dream felt like it went on forever....and seeing everything change around me....and seeing how happy we were when we thought it was real....saving our families and friends....growing up....graduating....moving in together....heck, even celebrating Spooky Month even as adults....it felt like we were really there....think about it....at the end of it all....us having candy while staring at the moon....that would be wonderful....I just....felt like it might never happen and I'm worried that we might move on from it and eventually forget about each other as we go about our lives...."

*Pump puts his hands on Skid's shoulders* 

"Skid....look at me...."

*He does as he tells him to*

"Skid....there's nothing....and I mean NOTHING that can wreck our friendship....not even time....there's no way I'll ever forget a fella like you....and I promise you....we'll never move on from the very thing we cherish most once every year....Spooky Month has been a huge factor of our lives ever since we heard of it....and you're the best friend anyone can ask for....I would never trade it for anything." 

*Pump hugs Skid tightly*

"Not even to enhance my angelic abilities....you're one of the most important people to me....nothing will ever change that...."

*Skid's eyes start to form tears before hugging him back and starts crying* 

"T-t-thank you Pump....I-I needed that....t-thank you...."

*Pump's grip tightens on him* 

"Of course....fella."