𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Song of the chapter

V. 3005 by Childish Gambino

No matter what you say or what you do

When I'm alone, I'd rather be with you

✮ ⋆ ˚。🏁🏎💨⋆。°✩

Isabella walked through the bustling paddock, her thoughts consumed by the previous night's encounter with Charles. Every step felt heavy with the weight of their shared secret, a burden she wasn't sure how to carry alone. As she navigated the sea of team members and media personnel, she spotted Charles near the Ferrari garage, talking to one of the engineers.

Taking a deep breath, she approached him, her heart pounding in her chest. "Charles, we need to talk," she said, her voice barely audible above the noise of the paddock.

Charles turned, his expression immediately shifting from casual to serious. "Let's find somewhere quiet," he replied, leading her to a more secluded area behind the garage, away from prying eyes.

Once they were alone, Isabella struggled to find the right words. "About last night..." she began, her voice trembling slightly.

Charles nodded, his gaze intense. "I know. We need to figure out what we're going to do."

Isabella took a deep breath, her emotions a whirlwind of guilt, uncertainty, and lingering desire. "I don't regret it, Charles. Not for a second. But we need to be smart about this," she said, her eyes searching his for understanding.

A surge of relief mixed with longing coursed through Charles. "I don't regret it either, Isabella. But we can't let anyone know. The media would have a field day, and it could ruin everything-for both of us."

Isabella nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Agreed. But... Lando probably told Max," she added, a note of apprehension creeping into her voice.

Charles's expression tightened. "It's okay. Max can be trusted. He won't say anything. But we have to be careful. The smallest slip-up, and it could all come crashing down."

Isabella swallowed hard, her heart pounding in her chest. "But this... connection between us, it's real. I feel it, and I know you do too," she said, her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

Charles took a deep breath, his own emotions threatening to overwhelm him. "I do feel it, Isabella. More than anything. But we have to navigate this carefully. For now, we need to focus on our careers and keep this-whatever it is-between us."