𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Song of the chapter

The Alchemy by Taylor Swift

 Cause the sign on your heart

Said it's still reserved for me

Honestly, who are we to fight the alchemy? ❞

✮ ⋆ ˚。🏁🏎💨⋆。°✩

Isabella arrived at the quaint coffee shop early, choosing a quiet corner table away from prying eyes. She sipped her latte, the warm aroma calming her nerves as she waited for Charles. When he finally walked in, her heart skipped a beat. He spotted her immediately and made his way over, his presence commanding the room despite the casual setting.

"Hey," Charles greeted her with a warm smile, sitting down across from her.

"Hi," Isabella replied, her voice soft but steady.

They started with small talk, discussing the latest race and the buzz around the paddock. As their conversation flowed, it naturally shifted to more personal topics.

Charles took a sip of his coffee and leaned back in his chair. "This isn't easy, is it? Balancing everything."

Isabella shook her head. "No, it's not. But I think we can handle it, as long as we're careful."

Charles hesitated, then asked, "Do you regret it?"

Isabella looked him in the eyes, her heart pounding. "No," she said firmly. "Do you?"

A faint smile played on Charles's lips. "Same."

A silent understanding passed between them, a mutual acknowledgment of their feelings and the complexity of their situation. Isabella felt a surge of determination. They could navigate this, even if it wasn't easy.

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Carlos Sainz, who spotted them and made his way over with a grin. "Hey, you two. Mind if I join?"

"Of course not," Charles said, gesturing to an empty chair.

Carlos sat down, his easygoing demeanor a welcome addition. "So, what are we talking about?"

"Just the usual," Isabella said, trying to keep her tone light. "Races, the paddock, balancing work and life."

Carlos nodded. "Ah, the eternal struggle. Speaking of which, did you hear about Lando's latest prank?"

Isabella raised an eyebrow. "No, what did he do this time?"

Carlos chuckled. "He put a fake spider in my helmet. Nearly gave me a heart attack."

Charles laughed, shaking his head. "Classic Lando."