𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Song of the chapter

Video Games by Lana Del Rey

 It's you, it's you, it's all for you

Everything I do, I tell you all the time 

Heaven is a place on earth with you 

✮ ⋆ ˚。🏁🏎💨⋆。°✩

Isabella sat at her desk, fingers poised over the keyboard, eyes staring blankly at the screen. No matter how hard she tried to concentrate, her mind kept wandering back to Charles. The memory of his touch, the intensity of their encounter, played on a loop in her head. She shook her head, attempting to clear the fog of distraction, but it was no use.

"I need to focus," she muttered to herself, trying to shake off the lingering thoughts.

The office around her buzzed with activity, a constant hum of phones ringing, printers whirring, and colleagues chattering. Isabella glanced around, seeking any form of distraction.

"Hey, Isabella," came a voice from across the room. It was Sarah, her desk neighbor. "You look like you've seen a ghost. Everything alright?"

Isabella forced a smile. "Yeah, just a bit distracted today. You know how it is."

Sarah nodded sympathetically. "Tell me about it. I've been staring at the same spreadsheet for hours."

Isabella's attention shifted back to her screen. She needed to focus, to immerse herself in her work and push thoughts of Charles aside.

The office around her buzzed with activity, a constant hum of phones ringing, printers whirring, and colleagues chattering. Isabella glanced around, seeking any form of distraction. Papers were neatly stacked on one side of her desk, a schedule of interviews and press conferences lay open beside her. With a determined sigh, Isabella decided to throw herself into her work. She needed the familiar routine to ground her.

She pulled up her latest article draft, the cursor blinking expectantly on the screen. As she read through her notes, her mind betrayed her, drifting back to the previous night. The way Charles had looked at her, his eyes dark with desire, sent a shiver down her spine. She clenched her fists, willing herself to focus.

"Focus, Isabella, focus," she whispered under her breath.

Isabella's phone buzzed, jolting her from her reverie. A text from her editor reminded her of the upcoming deadline. She took a deep breath, pushing thoughts of Charles to the back of her mind.